AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

I have an iPhone 4s with appex beta 11. I have experienced the slightly resized screen with triangles a few times. It has only ever been on unsupported apps, but not all the time. I use Navigon frequently and sometimes it is slightly smaller with triangles on the sides and sometimes it is normal sized with black bars on the sides. I don't know exactly what I did to fix it, but I think it was either closing Navigon on the phone and reopening it or maybe I unplugged the phone and plugged it back in. It might have to do with whether the unsupported app was already running on the phone in the background when the phone is plugged into the radio. I'll try to be more conscious of what I do to resolve it the next time it happens, or even purposely try to see if I can recreate the issue.

I've noticed same thing with any unsupported app. Sometimes it fills up most of the screen (w/triangles) and sometimes slightly smaller. No idea what causes it for me either.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike - I have an AVIC-X950BH navigation unit.  I know you originally wrote AppEx with the original AppRadio unit in mind but since they now have added AppRadio to the navigation units, I'm wondering if they are not quite designed the same way.  When I run any unsupported app, there is no way for me to get back to the home screen for all the other apps.  Some screens have the triangles and some don't and even when they do, they don't respond.  If I hit the main app button to get out of the app and then return to App Mode, it just returns to the same unsupported app.  I can't get back to the main menu to select another app.  The only way out is for me to kill the task on the phone itself and relaunch the AppRadio app on the iPhone.  You maybe aware of it already but I just thought I'd throw that out there in case.

Is there any jailbroken app out there that would let me control my springboard from the pioneer screen? I have sbrotator and I want to be able to open apps right from the pioneer unit. I saw it on this video around 27 seconds, something titled home in his appradio apps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l1woaiMGmQ.

Anyone know what this is?

It's a feature in the iOS 5 version that wasn't copied to iOS 6. I'll try to put it back in the next update.

This APPEX is fantastic!  I installed it a few months ago and it works like it should.  Very nice, Mike.

Just to give a report, one issue that I am facing with this new version of APPEX is with Waze, it always load with screen offset to the right and a blue vertical bar on the left side of the screen.  

Did anyone notice this issue?

I am using the latest Pioneer Radio FW, latest AppRadio version and APPEX.

Once again, congratulations Mike for the nice Job!!

Is there any jailbroken app out there that would let me control my springboard from the pioneer screen? I have sbrotator and I want to be able to open apps right from the pioneer unit. I saw it on this video around 27 seconds, something titled home in his appradio apps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l1woaiMGmQ.

Anyone know what this is?

It's a feature in the iOS 5 version that wasn't copied to iOS 6. I'll try to put it back in the next update.

I use the springboard.  Just like the video but in landscape.  Works great

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y60cfx6ldz6vixb/VID_20130429_005015.mp4

iPhone 4S iOS 6.1.2 Appradio 2 FW 8.17 App 2.3.0 AppEx beta 12

Video is from beta 10  beta 12 works like this as well but with a lot of resizing issues.

Can the springboard be started up in landscape on the appradio mike?  I use activator to rotate it when it gets plugged into the appradio with SBrotator 6.

Some apps like Safari do not go to landscape mode for me automatically. Others do fine like espn. If anyone has this problem, try using UI Rotation for Activator. Works great and you can manually rotate the app to landscape using Activator methods. I rotate by double tapping status bar. This works great because you can do this on the phone and also on the headunit.

Is Safari the only app with the rotation problem?

Mike - I have an AVIC-X950BH navigation unit.  I know you originally wrote AppEx with the original AppRadio unit in mind but since they now have added AppRadio to the navigation units, I'm wondering if they are not quite designed the same way.  When I run any unsupported app, there is no way for me to get back to the home screen for all the other apps.  Some screens have the triangles and some don't and even when they do, they don't respond.  If I hit the main app button to get out of the app and then return to App Mode, it just returns to the same unsupported app.  I can't get back to the main menu to select another app.  The only way out is for me to kill the task on the phone itself and relaunch the AppRadio app on the iPhone.  You maybe aware of it already but I just thought I'd throw that out there in case.

Does that model show black bars on the left and right of the app? Pressing them should go back to the menu.

Mike Quotes: "Does that model show black bars on the left and right of the app? Pressing them should go back to the menu."

If the app rotates to landscape then no black bars but for the other unsupported apps that don't rotate to landscape mode, I get the black bars and even the triangles on some but nothing responds to the touch.  I think they may have designed the AppRadio a bit different in the NAV units then in the regular AppRadio models.

VBLUE42: Didn't you mention at one point that they were developed differently?  I vaguely remember you pointing something out to that effect.

Mike Quotes: "Does that model show black bars on the left and right of the app? Pressing them should go back to the menu."

VBLUE42: Didn't you mention at one point that they were developed differently?  I vaguely remember you pointing something out to that effect.

Yes, but in what context are you referring?

Some apps dont show black bars, like the video app.  if your watching a video on the appradio just tap where the black bars should be and it will work just the same also the done button, pause play button, forward back buttons do work to just dont show up on app radio.  just touch where the button would be and it works.

Also SBrotator 6 works real well with AppEx.  It rotates safari.

Done. I don't see a need for a setting. Just kills the app when you disconnect the cable.

Hi mike, do you think you could add the option to automatically open the appradio app (or even the carmediaplay app) when you plug the phone in too? I know activator can do this but I use that to turn Bluetooth on. Cheers!

• RonS locked this topic