AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

im new so maybe this is all normal but after updating ARextensions this morning

an app called soundscape2 is "total" fullscreen, no side black bars, think i had to play music first for it to launch properly

and if i start ifile from the app radio then exit using phones homebutton i get full mirroring of phone

safari rotates, but i do have phone sideways

and coverflow in music app is nice

a video:

and if soundscape2 app is fullscreen im hoping theres a plist file in my tomtom app to push that fullscreen too, dont mind if it goes letterbox format on phone as im only gonna be using it through the appradio, anyone got any ideas on that?

I'll look into it.

"AppRadio app is killed when the cable is unplugged to help with battery drain"

to me it does not work. Why?

What are you doing to determine this? The process is killed when the cable is unplugged. You will still see the app in the switcher at the bottom of the screen, but that doesn't mean the app is running.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the soundscape2 app:

(it has lots of different animations on phone but seems to be stuck on on on appradio)

(gonna try removing it from appradio and mirroring it instead)

(cos if i try to launch it from phone while mirroring the phone launches the pioneer AR app and everything goes fubar!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7JyiEbSrCo&feature=youtu.be

I'll look into it.

I could be wrong, but by the looks of it, the app uses some type of video out function. The iPhone screen appears to be showing controls and the deck is showing the visualization. If that's the case, it could be something like Hulu & Netflix where they use "Second Screen" functions, which is totally separate from ARExtensions if I'm not mistaken...

I'll look into it.

What are you doing to determine this? The process is killed when the cable is unplugged. You will still see the app in the switcher at the bottom of the screen, but that doesn't mean the app is running.

perfect, now I understand!

Hi Mike and Tomfolery,

Regarding the tweak to kill the appradio app when disconnecting the power cable, im not sure i understand the reasoning for this or the value it adds. 

All the tweak does is kill the appradio app, its still available as Mike said from the app switcher, but most of us are going to be using an app like Car Media Player when we turn the ignition off, so actually when you disconnect the power Car Media player or whatever else you might be using is still running.  So saving battery or whatever other reason for this tweak has not been acheived.

Would it not make more sense instead to jump to the the first springboard page when power is disconnected, effectively killing any app that may be running?  Not sure if that would acheive the desired effect as i dont understand backgrounding and if there will still be any other apps running in the background that will be draining power?

I currently use Activator to acheive this effect, but in my case its simply because i want all apps killed when i disconnect the power.  In an ideal world i would want all apps killed and the phone to jump to the lock screen, that way i dont have to press the sleep button before/after i disconnect the phone from the cable/dock.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Max

P.S Mike, once again thanks for all your work on this :)

I could be wrong, but by the looks of it, the app uses some type of video out function. The iPhone screen appears to be showing controls and the deck is showing the visualization. If that's the case, it could be something like Hulu & Netflix where they use "Second Screen" functions, which is totally separate from ARExtensions if I'm not mistaken...

That's what it looks like. I may add a "Force Mirroring" option for apps like this.

Hi Mike and Tomfolery,

Regarding the tweak to kill the appradio app when disconnecting the power cable, im not sure i understand the reasoning for this or the value it adds. 

All the tweak does is kill the appradio app, its still available as Mike said from the app switcher, but most of us are going to be using an app like Car Media Player when we turn the ignition off, so actually when you disconnect the power Car Media player or whatever else you might be using is still running.  So saving battery or whatever other reason for this tweak has not been acheived.

Would it not make more sense instead to jump to the the first springboard page when power is disconnected, effectively killing any app that may be running?  Not sure if that would acheive the desired effect as i dont understand backgrounding and if there will still be any other apps running in the background that will be draining power?

I currently use Activator to acheive this effect, but in my case its simply because i want all apps killed when i disconnect the power.  In an ideal world i would want all apps killed and the phone to jump to the lock screen, that way i dont have to press the sleep button before/after i disconnect the phone from the cable/dock.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Max

P.S Mike, once again thanks for all your work on this :)

It kills the process so the code that forces the AppRadio app to run in the background is shut down. More of a "just in case something goes wrong" feature.

Going back to the springboard doesn't necessarily kill a process. If it is in some weird stuck state, an app can keep running after pressing the home button. Activator isn't going to fix that unless it actually kills the underlying process.

That's what it looks like. I may add a "Force Mirroring" option for apps like this.

I use "Pandora Downloader" from Harrison Apps, and I definitely hate that I can't use that any way in the car. Pandora Downloader is actually legal, because it's protected as recording a radio broadcast, which Internet radio isn't currently exempt from, so is there any chance you could somehow add support for Downloader??

I use "Pandora Downloader" from Harrison Apps, and I definitely hate that I can't use that any way in the car. Pandora Downloader is actually legal, because it's protected as recording a radio broadcast, which Internet radio isn't currently exempt from, so is there any chance you could somehow add support for Downloader??

I Second this request!!

Just to post my hands on with the latest build, I have a Z150 with the iPhone 5 and still have no reliable control whatsoever when using unsupported apps.

For example, I tried Radarscope and the touch commands do not work, they are still off by a couple of inches. I can zoom in/out of the map cautiously (you simply drag up/down, don't have to touch a particular button) but I can't push any of the buttons on the map, such as animate/settings/etc. So the touch events are registering, just nowhere near the correct location. I also tried other apps and the same issue arises.

I know you are aware that the iPhone 5 has calibration problems, but I just wanted to throw this out there that the latest build still has the same problem.

Thanks for all you do Mike, hopefully the iPhone 5 will work soon.

• RonS locked this topic