AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

Having a mega issue that when ever I start my car and connect phone the appradio starts the pioneer phone app and the app page on the head unit!

Takes me a good 30 seconds of pressing home buttons to stop this from happening just so I can press iPod and start my play list!!

Sometimes so bad I have to turn ignition off and start over

Is there no way we can stop the app screen from launching on its own?

If I want the app page ill click "apps" pretty sure that's why that icon is there lol

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working great.  Phone app still freezing and leaving image on appradio screen, the black bars work and bring me back to the springboard on the phone but not the appradio.  Also the buttons on the same row of the keyboard as the spacebar sometimes don't recognize that I touched it.  Changing between numbers and letters is tough cause of this. I noticed sometimes AppRadio Ex notifications stay on the screen for quite a while. Also when I launch the music app sometimes it stays vertical but rotated on the phone, I have to close it and open it again and works perfectly.  Also if i touch and notification on the springboard it doesn't recognize the touch.  (This is normal notification not the appradio ex notifications.  Video to come soon.

Mike is there a way you can put the Siri Icon on the springboard?  Oh yeah Siri is a little buggy for me to.  The bluetooth connection is a little slow. I'll include it in the video.

Soundscape works perfectly for me except I might have a stoke while driving at night.

Thanks Mike everyone thinks I have the tightest out there in my car.  Keep up the good work.

4s ios 6.1.2 appradio 2 FW 8.17 newest app.

I haven't looked at the phone issue yet.

Do the notifications stay on the screen for a while and then disappear? or do they stay there until you switch apps?

I'll put the music rotation and notification issue one the todo list. I know what's causing the notification problem, just haven't had a chance to fix it yet.

Check out SiriBoard in Cydia. It adds a Siri icon to the home screen. Haven't tried it in a while but it used to work well.

Having a mega issue that when ever I start my car and connect phone the appradio starts the pioneer phone app and the app page on the head unit!

Takes me a good 30 seconds of pressing home buttons to stop this from happening just so I can press iPod and start my play list!!

Sometimes so bad I have to turn ignition off and start over

Is there no way we can stop the app screen from launching on its own?

If I want the app page ill click "apps" pretty sure that's why that icon is there lol

Did you try setting Bypass Launch Alert in the settings to Ignore?

Hi Mike, I tested the i5 specific version and can report that changing the Y Multiplier to 0.9 has fixed the calibration issue. I tested this with the calculator app as well as other apps I was seeing issues with. Like others I was seeing calibration issues as you move from left to right across the screen. What do you think about an iPhone 5 toggle in the next beta to address these issues for those of us with i5s?

I can confirm that setting the Y multiplier to 0.9 solves the calibration issues for landscape apps. Not sure how considering there were issues with both the X and Y axes but not complaining!

For portrait apps, I needed to reset the Y multiplier to 1.0

Finally, the debug values that were displayed within the AppRadio app were:

View transform: 1.000000, 1.000000

View size: 908.000000, 480.000000

Resolution: 1280.000000, 720.000000

Thanks for getting this sorted!

Mike, how about instead of a calibration offset value that you provide a 3-point touch screen calibration setting.

Basically, display three points on the display that a user can touch to properly calibrate their screen. This will allow for different screens displaying improperly.

You need X and Y coordinates, such as:

o

I can confirm that setting the Y multiplier to 0.9 solves the calibration issues for landscape apps. Not sure how considering there were issues with both the X and Y axes but not complaining!

For portrait apps, I needed to reset the Y multiplier to 1.0

Finally, the debug values that were displayed within the AppRadio app were:

View transform: 1.000000, 1.000000

View size: 908.000000, 480.000000

Resolution: 1280.000000, 720.000000

Thanks for getting this sorted!

Can you install this version and let me know what the new alerts say? There should be two more (Window and App Frame). The multipliers may have changed in this version as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2591/AppRadio/AppEx_iPhone5_Test5.deb

Mike, how about instead of a calibration offset value that you provide a 3-point touch screen calibration setting.

Basically, display three points on the display that a user can touch to properly calibrate their screen. This will allow for different screens displaying improperly.

You need X and Y coordinates, such as:

o                                               o

o

To do this, I have to figure out the multiplier issue first. On paper, my calculations work out perfectly. There is something else going on in translation that is throwing off the calibration by a scale of 0.9.

Can you install this version and let me know what the new alerts say? There should be two more (Window and App Frame). The multipliers may have changed in this version as well.

Window: 0.000000 0.000000 1600.000000 90.000000

Appframe: 64.000000 36.000000 1152.000000 648.000000

I assume you've hardcoded the 0.9 multiplier in now as I had to set the X and Y multipliers to 1.0 to get the calibration right.

Not sure if it's been reported before but the framerate on unsupported apps seems quite slow. The map on TomTom seems to refresh much slower than on the phone screen although it's difficult to tell when driving.

Window: 0.000000 0.000000 1600.000000 90.000000

Appframe: 64.000000 36.000000 1152.000000 648.000000

I assume you've hardcoded the 0.9 multiplier in now as I had to set the X and Y multipliers to 1.0 to get the calibration right.

Not sure if it's been reported before but the framerate on unsupported apps seems quite slow. The map on TomTom seems to refresh much slower than on the phone screen although it's difficult to tell when driving.

It says the window is 1600x90?

I didn't hardcode the 0.9 multiplier, just tried a new algorithm. Is it exact now?

I know the iPhone 4 has frame rate issues. I assume the iPhone 5 might because it has to mirror a much larger screen. Once I get the calibration sorted out, I'm going to see if I can integrate with DisplayOut. From what I've seen, it runs really smooth on the head unit.

It says the window is 1600x90?

I didn't hardcode the 0.9 multiplier, just tried a new algorithm. Is it exact now?

Sorry for the typo, it should have read 1600x900.

I didn't have a chance to play for that long but it did seem quite exact from what I could tell.

"mikedecaro"  one fundamental issue I got with your Extensions app "even thou it's not your fault or issue" is I can't control the track skip on your AppEX or App radio mode. I know this was not implemented by Pioneer . But is there anyway to get this working ? and is it possible ?  

"mikedecaro"  one fundamental issue I got with your Extensions app "even thou it's not your fault or issue" is I can't control the track skip on your AppEX or App radio mode. I know this was not implemented by Pioneer . But is there anyway to get this working ? and is it possible ?  

What do you mean by track skip?

Mike is it possible to add the calibration setting by default to the application and not only for the iphone 5? You can make this setting optional. The users that want to enable the manual calibration will be able to set this value, otherwise your algorithm will be executed to calculate the calibration settings automatically.

I having the calibration issues with iphone 4 and 8400BT.

Works fine for me. Are you using the soft controls or steering wheel controls and what app are you referring to?

• RonS locked this topic