AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

All you guys are having issues with Skipping tracks  on the steering wheel in Appradio mode with an iPhone 5 and streaming via Bluetooth.

I can't even get it working with my iPhone 4s...never mind a iPhone 5 streaming with BT audio. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mike, I'm really enjoying the functions AppRadio Extensions adds to the head unit.  I would not have purchased the head unit without your hard work.

Would it be possible to have an option to have AppRadio Extensions play music after the radio is connected to the phone, and to pause the music once the radio is disconnected? 

Another option that I would like is the ability to launch a specific app or the music controls after the initial connection of the radio to the phone. 

The use case I'm thinking of is when I start the car up, I would like the music to start playing and then switch to the music controls you built into the appradio app.  Then, because many apps won't stop playing music once the car is turned off, I'd like it to automatically pause the music once the radio is disconnected from the phone.  This could also apply to other music apps such as spotify, songza, etc where their corresponding app could be automatically launched and then start playing.

I've looked into using Activator to manage the music playing / pause stuff, but the closest action they have are the power plugged in actions which would cause music to play even if I'm just plugging in the phone to charge at home.

Thanks, and please keep up the good work!

Music starts playing when i connect my phone, always the first track alphabetically in my iPod app!

I'd like it to NOT do that lol, and for the app screen to NOT auto launch, if i wanted to open "apps" I'd press the apps button!

At least the phone app has stopped auto launching by having "ignore" selected in ARextensions (thanks for that info mike!)

But the head unti still gives me the "apps are launching" splashscreen, and I have to press "ignore" to clear it

But life's still good

Music starts playing when i connect my phone, always the first track alphabetically in my iPod app!

I'd like it to NOT do that lol, and for the app screen to NOT auto launch, if i wanted to open "apps" I'd press the apps button!

At least the phone app has stopped auto launching by having "ignore" selected in ARextensions (thanks for that info mike!)

But the head unti still gives me the "apps are launching" splashscreen, and I have to press "ignore" to clear it

But life's still good

There's a setting on the AppRadio unit itself to shut off automatic launch I think, right?

But life's still good

I hate that it plays the first track automatically ...drives me crazy also !!!!!  

I hate that it plays the first track automatically ...drives me crazy also !!!!!  

Am I the only one that this doesn't happen to? Mine doesn't play anything automatically; I have to launch CarMediaPlayer or something and then it just usually plays the last song I was listening to...

Ever since I upgraded to the latest beta, my phone freezes up each time I connect it for the first time on a journey. After a few minutes, it eventually reboots and when I finally get to the App screen, all the native apps aren't visible (only the non-native apps I've enabled through AppEx appear). I then have to disconnect and reconnect the phone to get the native apps to appear. Also, the AppRadio app's count of new apps keeps resetting.

Is anyone else having these problems? I'll try downgrading to the last beta (the iphone5 test version) to see if this solves the error.

Ever since I upgraded to the latest beta, my phone freezes up each time I connect it for the first time on a journey. After a few minutes, it eventually reboots and when I finally get to the App screen, all the native apps aren't visible (only the non-native apps I've enabled through AppEx appear). I then have to disconnect and reconnect the phone to get the native apps to appear. Also, the AppRadio app's count of new apps keeps resetting.

Is anyone else having these problems? I'll try downgrading to the last beta (the iphone5 test version) to see if this solves the error.

I am having this same issue I thought it was because I was trying to use the extensions with Appradio 3.

• RonS locked this topic