AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

That's so weird.  I have an iPhone 5 and a Z150 (and latest official release of appext)...the left side of my screen is a little off while the right side is spot on (in landscape).  I can actually fully use it except for any button presses needed on the extreme left side of the screen.

Also, LOVE the home button now, works perfectly.  It's so much better than pressing the black bars, for me anyways.

Lastly, the scrolling/dragging is working great too.  Before, I couldn't move the map around in Radarscope.  Now, it works like a charm.

Mike, any way to get the black bars removed (or at least have it as an option) to take full advantage of the screen now that the home button will do the same?

I have an iPhone 5  and an X950BH (which is basically the same as you except for a slightly smaller screen).  I too have an issue with the left side.  I find if I tap it just left of the button or whatever should be tapped, it will respond.  Only app that was a bit quirky for me was Google Maps.  If I typed in a search and needed to tap the space bar on the bottom, the whole app quits and returns to the home screen.  I found that if I just tap it slightly above the space bar, it would accept it as a space and not restart the app.  I have yet to try the X and Y adjustments in AppEx.  I'm not sure if that will fix the left and bottom issue but I will give it a shot tomorrow.  Overall, I jumped a few betas to get to 17 and it appears to be much better than the previous beta with the previous AppRadio app.  It feels like Mike is almost there but what makes it challenging is the fact that the AppRadio appears to be a bit different from model to model and especially with the AVIC NAV units compared to the SPH series.

Out of curiosity, does Car Browser, Motion X, or Best Parking load on your Z150?  None of those apps will even load on my X950BH and those are "supported" apps.  It's amazing that w/AppEx I can almost get Google Maps to work completely with NAV instructions but the supported apps won't even load.  The apps that do work for me are Car Media Browser, CommuteWX, Inrix, and Waze.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sometimes my appradio does not recognize my iPhone and I need to restart with little button near microsd and some of settings reseted after that... or of acc and wait

how can I restar my head unit with another way?

sry for my bad english )

Out of curiosity, does Car Browser, Motion X, or Best Parking load on your Z150? None of those apps will even load on my X950BH and those are "supported" apps. It's amazing that w/AppEx I can almost get Google Maps to work completely with NAV instructions but the supported apps won't even load. The apps that do work for me are Car Media Browser, CommuteWX, Inrix, and Waze.

I'll give it a try and let you know.

sometimes my appradio does not recognize my iPhone and I need to restart with little button near microsd and some of settings reseted after that... or of acc and wait

how can I restar my head unit with another way?

sry for my bad english )

It's usually better to cycle your iPhone (turn it off and back on), instead of reset your head unit ;)

Mike,

New issue with Beta17 that I haven't encountered in previous releases. My ability to switch audio sources while within AppRadio mode and within apps within AppRadio mode has been removed on my AVH-X5500BHS. iPhone 4S on 6.1.1 / AppRadio 2.3.0

Previous to Beta17 I could hit the "SRC" button to move between iPod audio, Digital Radio / AUX / Bluetooth / Disc. That button doesn't function any more within AppRadio mode but works as it should when I'm just at the radio screen. Also, I used to be able to start iPod audio before launching AppRadio mode and it would continue to play after I got through the "Warning" prompts when launching AppRadio mode. That stopped working as well. Please advise. :)

@BigDonVincenzo: Non of this should have anything to do with AppEx. Again AppEx only alters the way the App radio app functions and has nothing to do with the unit. What you are describing are unit functions. Try removing AppEx and restarting your phone and report back what happens.

I'll give it a try and let you know.

Great thanks!

Also, on the unsupported app, "Google Maps", I can't get pinch/zoom to work but everything else works (panning, entering text, etc.) minus the offset issue.  Was curious if you had the same results.

Great thanks!

Also, on the unsupported app, "Google Maps", I can't get pinch/zoom to work but everything else works (panning, entering text, etc.) minus the offset issue.  Was curious if you had the same results.

I tried the Best Parking app and it didn't work.  It only loaded on the phone's screen, only got a black screen on the radio.  I haven't purchased Motion X or Car Browser so I didn't try those.

I also have the same problem as you with Google Maps.  I can pan, enter text, etc.  I just can't pinch to zoom.  I'm not sure if the Z150 even has multi-point touch capability.  However, I can still zoom in/out in Google Maps if I double-tap and then drag my finger up/down on the map.  That's also how I have to zoom in/out in the Radarscope app.

I tried the Best Parking app and it didn't work.  It only loaded on the phone's screen, only got a black screen on the radio.  I haven't purchased Motion X or Car Browser so I didn't try those.

I also have the same problem as you with Google Maps.  I can pan, enter text, etc.  I just can't pinch to zoom.  I'm not sure if the Z150 even has multi-point touch capability.  However, I can still zoom in/out in Google Maps if I double-tap and then drag my finger up/down on the map.  That's also how I have to zoom in/out in the Radarscope app.

Thanks.  I have the exact same issue with Best Parking.  It loads on the phone but not on the radio.  As for pinch to zoom, it should work on the Z150 as INRIX Traffic allows me to pinch/zoom.    I wasn't aware of the double-tap so I'll try that with Google Maps.

Thanks again for your help!

Help! I had to get my iphone 4s replaced because wifi was not working and before on the old 4s the calibration was perfect, now in messages I hit space bar and it throws me back to the main screen. Seems like the left side and the middle is semi on point, but the whole right side is completely out of calibration. I don't understand I went from one 4s to another why is this happening now? Im using the same version of app radio ext, the newest one. I have tried to mess with calibration settings but it seems like a longshot finding a perfect tune as it seems certain buttons in the messages are scaled differently if that makes sense. like the s button has a smaller touch radius while another key might have double or triple that. Or for example if some keys are already calibrated if I was to mess with X Y axis I might could fix the others while messing up the ones that already work. My settings are at default 1 and 1 btw. Hope this helps im on Appradio 1 and iphone 4s verizon

Mike,

I am also having some trouble with the calibration of the buttons on right / left of the screen. I have an avh-8500bhs is it worth my playing around with the multiplier x  / y settings?

If there is anything I can do to help you in testing for the issue let me know, I can take a youtube vid of exactly how much the screen is out of sync for example.

@BigDonVincenzo: Non of this should have anything to do with AppEx. Again AppEx only alters the way the App radio app functions and has nothing to do with the unit. What you are describing are unit functions. Try removing AppEx and restarting your phone and report back what happens.

You're right. Turned out not to be an issue with AppRadioExtension like you said. When I disconnected my battery and after restoring all my settings I missed "App Sound Mixing," which was set to "off" :|

Help! I had to get my iphone 4s replaced because wifi was not working and before on the old 4s the calibration was perfect, now in messages I hit space bar and it throws me back to the main screen. Seems like the left side and the middle is semi on point, but the whole right side is completely out of calibration. I don't understand I went from one 4s to another why is this happening now? Im using the same version of app radio ext, the newest one. I have tried to mess with calibration settings but it seems like a longshot finding a perfect tune as it seems certain buttons in the messages are scaled differently if that makes sense. like the s button has a smaller touch radius while another key might have double or triple that. Or for example if some keys are already calibrated if I was to mess with X Y axis I might could fix the others while messing up the ones that already work. My settings are at default 1 and 1 btw. Hope this helps im on Appradio 1 and iphone 4s verizon

You shouldn't have to modify the X and Y for the 4S on an AppRadio 1. That's the same set up I'm using.

Mike,

I am also having some trouble with the calibration of the buttons on right / left of the screen. I have an avh-8500bhs is it worth my playing around with the multiplier x  / y settings?

If there is anything I can do to help you in testing for the issue let me know, I can take a youtube vid of exactly how much the screen is out of sync for example.

I'll contact you directly about this so we can figure out. I don't think I've tested on that head unit yet.

Hi! Sorry If hvis has been asked before, but when I try to install the beta, it wants to uninstall the cydia app Dimmer. Is that to be expected? Thanks!

Someone reported an incompatibility with Dimmer and I haven't checked out the problem yet. For now, they don't work together.

• RonS locked this topic