AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

Thanks for this app. i love this in my ipod touch. But i ran into problems in my iphone :(. Is there any way to "completely" remove beta 17, because i happen to mess up my TV Out system in my iphone. Not even ipod video is playing on  my avh-x5550bt. Appradio screen is dark/blank. Please help me to fix this

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have troubles with the following feature:

my setup: iPod 4 with iOS 6.1.3, Appradio App 2.40, EppEx Beta 17 und Firmware 8.17 on my appradio 2

when forcing an app to mirror the app it does not fully start. 1st the device seems to start the app, but getting reeaaaaaallly slow, after some time the app closes and i´m on the ipod startscreen again

Can please someone help with this problem?

still no answer. mike, please be so kind, can u help?

still no answer. mike, please be so kind, can u help?

I had the same problems with my iPT4 and could never resolve it, so I just gave up and sold it. :( Sticking to just my iPhone 4S now...

It sounds like a memory or CPU problem. This is a known issue for the iPhone 4 and I haven't found a fix for it. The iPhone 4S seems to have better hardware to support AppEx mirroring.

Thanks for this app. i love this in my ipod touch. But i ran into problems in my iphone :(. Is there any way to "completely" remove beta 17, because i happen to mess up my TV Out system in my iphone. Not even ipod video is playing on  my avh-x5550bt. Appradio screen is dark/blank. Please help me to fix this

Mike, any quick thoughts on this? i even tried resorting IOS but issue came back once i installed Beta 17, i restored from my icloud backup but i have no idea how Beta 17 remembers its old settings?  

Mike, any quick thoughts on this? i even tried resorting IOS but issue came back once i installed Beta 17, i restored from my icloud backup but i have no idea how Beta 17 remembers its old settings?  

The settings are stored on the partition that gets backed up to iTunes/iCloud. Uninstall the beta and then use iFile to delete this file:

/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.decaro.appradioextensions.plist

Ive seen info about a tethered jailbreak for 6.1.3

The tethered jailbreak i have seen said 4S but i couldnt get it to take, say this because in the description i saw it said 4S and the 5, but after trying to  use the program to JB it, it did not work, the process told me to get it into DFU mode, but when i pressed the button to start the JB, it says the phone needed to be back in its normal state, but i couldnt get it to go back out of DFU mode, do  you know how i get it out of DFU mode to JB it? sorry if thats a stupid question, i am new to JB.

Sorry if this is a Hi-jack or in the wrong section

It sounds like a memory or CPU problem. This is a known issue for the iPhone 4 and I haven't found a fix for it. The iPhone 4S seems to have better hardware to support AppEx mirroring.

thanks for this answer even if i hoped for some better :)

I had the same problems with my iPT4 and could never resolve it, so I just gave up and sold it. :( Sticking to just my iPhone 4S now...

thanks for that.

another reason for me to use my ipod only for music and stick to arliberator for the rest. i got two android phones with mhl and for sure i won´t buy an iphone 4s just to put it in my car as a media player :)

edit: sorry, my post sounds like arliberator is better than appex. that was not what i wanted to say, both of them have different strengths. i have never been a fan of apple and i bought the ipod only for appradio and now i am a little bit *'§%&"

I have an appradio 2 along with the ipod 3rd generation. Ipod is jailbroken and I have installed appradio extension 2.0.1-1 since I am on the older ios.  I was wondering do I still need to have to bypass the parking brakes to have this work? Currently I the parking brake wire from the head unit is not hooked up to anything.

Is there any way to stop the appradio app from automatically opening when you turn on the appradio 2? It gets annoying when you turn the car on and u click the ipod and then all of a sudden appradio takes over and opens.. Idk if this happens to anyone else

Do you have the alert bypass set to Accept?

I have an appradio 2 along with the ipod 3rd generation. Ipod is jailbroken and I have installed appradio extension 2.0.1-1 since I am on the older ios.  I was wondering do I still need to have to bypass the parking brakes to have this work? Currently I the parking brake wire from the head unit is not hooked up to anything.

You don't need the parking brake bypass to mirror apps with the latest beta.

Is there any way to stop the appradio app from automatically opening when you turn on the appradio 2? It gets annoying when you turn the car on and u click the ipod and then all of a sudden appradio takes over and opens.. Idk if this happens to anyone else

You have to set bypass launch alert to ignore to stop the iPhone app opening, even then the head unit still tries to launch app mode but you can kill that screen by pressing the headunits home button, one of many poor pioneer software issues I'm afraid

Hey Mike,

First off this is a brilliant project that i was delighted to find whilst looking for a new head unit for my Zafira B 07 Plate. I will be donating to this project today so watch out for that ;)

I have a few questions please:

1) I have not updated the firmware or anything yet on the head unit (avh-8500BT), when i connect my iPhone 5 to the connection kit (Lightning to HDMI) and i select apps on the head unit, it gives me a warning i need to accept, but then all it does is mirror the iPhone 5 display. Im not prompted to do anything on the devoce at all and also it does not loaunch anything on the device. I am unable to control anything by touching the head unit screen all im able to do is view what is on the iPhone screen. I have tried with app extensions installed and also u have tried removing that also just to see if the stock app radio would work but it behaves in the same way.

2) I noticed that on the opening post you stated that the latest version supported was app radio 2.3.0 i couldnt find that version on the app store so had to go with app radio 2.4.0 is this the issue here? If so would you or somebody be able to post a link to this so im able to install that version. I own http://AppAddict.org and ill make sure if someone sends me the .ipa file i will crack it and place it on ApAddict so that it is available to all people at all times, as if things will only work with certain versions it will be good to have a store of different version and at AppAddict we archive all old versions.

3) Like i said i am the owner of AppAddict and we have a quite busy forum i was wanting to know if i was able to do a write up of your work and have it point to this forum here as i know lots of our users will LOVE this!!

Also i dont mean to be rude at all i have a long car journey to make on Thursday with the three kids and id so love it if i were able to get this up and running before then. SO if you Mike or anyone else for that matter is able to help me out it would be massively appreciated.

Again congrats on the great project and ill be donating nicely towards your already done work and for the continuation of such a cool usefull project.

iChr0niX

http://AppAddict.org

http://RegMyUDiD.com

Hey Mike,

First off this is a brilliant project that i was delighted to find whilst looking for a new head unit for my Zafira B 07 Plate. I will be donating to this project today so watch out for that ;)

I have a few questions please:

1) I have not updated the firmware or anything yet on the head unit (avh-8500BT), when i connect my iPhone 5 to the connection kit (Lightning to HDMI) and i select apps on the head unit, it gives me a warning i need to accept, but then all it does is mirror the iPhone 5 display. Im not prompted to do anything on the devoce at all and also it does not loaunch anything on the device. I am unable to control anything by touching the head unit screen all im able to do is view what is on the iPhone screen. I have tried with app extensions installed and also u have tried removing that also just to see if the stock app radio would work but it behaves in the same way.

2) I noticed that on the opening post you stated that the latest version supported was app radio 2.3.0 i couldnt find that version on the app store so had to go with app radio 2.4.0 is this the issue here? If so would you or somebody be able to post a link to this so im able to install that version. I own http://AppAddict.org and ill make sure if someone sends me the .ipa file i will crack it and place it on ApAddict so that it is available to all people at all times, as if things will only work with certain versions it will be good to have a store of different version and at AppAddict we archive all old versions.

3) Like i said i am the owner of AppAddict and we have a quite busy forum i was wanting to know if i was able to do a write up of your work and have it point to this forum here as i know lots of our users will LOVE this!!

Also i dont mean to be rude at all i have a long car journey to make on Thursday with the three kids and id so love it if i were able to get this up and running before then. SO if you Mike or anyone else for that matter is able to help me out it would be massively appreciated.

Again congrats on the great project and ill be donating nicely towards your already done work and for the continuation of such a cool usefull project.

iChr0niX

http://AppAddict.org

http://RegMyUDiD.com

1. Someone else may have to answer this. I only have an AppRadio 1 with an iPhone 4S, but many people have it working with newer models of both.

2. You can use the latest AppRadio app in the app store. Version 2.3.0 changed significantly so I had to make code changes after that update. The first post should really read 2.3.0 and up. I'll fix that.

3. Feel free to share this. I'm actually looking for other developers to help with the project, so the more publicity the better.

Hi Mike- 

Quick question.  I'm not using an AR head unit.  I'm using an AVIC-X950BH and when using AppEx w/AR v.2.3.0, I can't get Safari to force into landscape mode.  All other apps will force landscape but Safari.  I could see it not working for any apps due to the fact that I am using the AVIC series vs. the SPH series but they all work except that one app.  You may or may not know but thought I'd throw it out there.

Also, I'm still struggliing with the offset.  The left side and bottom portion is off.  I have to type further to the left and higher up for those regions to register.  If I adjust X and Y in AppEx, it throws the whole thing off.  What's strange is that the top portion and right side of the screen are dead on so I have to remember to adjust my typing when inputting with the keyboard on the left and bottom.  I think this issue only exists on the AVIC series but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks again.

• RonS locked this topic