AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

I think I've got to the bottom of why my phone kept crashing when I pressed the home button. It seems it was down to me using PluggedIn to autolaunch Waze. I tried launching other AppRadio apps like ECTouch, CarMediaPlayer etc. and had the same problems. If I disabled PluggedIn and launched those apps manually, the crashing stopped.

So instead, now I'm using Activator to unlock the phone and launch Waze when the phone is plugged in (the new Activator allows more than one action). However, I've also had to disable FlipSwitch (which the latest versions of Activator install automatically) otherwise I still get the crashing.

I've tried so many different permutations/combinations of disabling Substrate addons so I can't remember for sure but I think the crashes were also eliminated if I disabled the AppRadio extensions. I know Mike has little time on his hands but this might be a bug worth looking into if other people can replicate it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed the same issue with my X950BH. I need to touch just slightly to the left of the Q, A, SHIFT, 123 buttons and I also need to touch just slightly above the space bar. If I hit the space bar dead on, it reboots to the home menu. All the other keys, however, are spot on for me too. If I try and adjust the X and Y adjustments in AppEx, it throws the whole thing way off. Even using small increments like setting X from 1.0 > 1.25. So for now, I just leave X and Y at 1.0 and try to remember to adjust my typing for the left and the bottom.

I've done the same. Have just made sure to press slightly left of most buttons on the left half of the screen. Have only seen a couple buttons here and there that I can't press at all…only because they have been on the extreme left side of the screen.

I've done the same. Have just made sure to press slightly left of most buttons on the left half of the screen. Have only seen a couple buttons here and there that I can't press at all…only because they have been on the extreme left side of the screen.

Yep...the new Google Maps v.2.x has the button on the lower left hand side for traffic, satellite, etc. and I can't get it to register at all.  Can only do it on the phone.  Thinking about downgrading back to Google Maps 1.x.  Anyway, I think it would be quite challenging for Mike to keep up with all the variations from model to model as they obviously were not designed the same way.

Hi all. I received the AVH-X3500BHS for Christmas and have used it almost exclusively via bluetooth from my iPhone 5. I just now updated the firmware and have been trying to use the guide here to no avail. When I click the home button my "Apps" button is greyed out and I cannot press it. Am I missing a cable, or is this a result of something else? No extra wires were purchased, and the receipt I received showed only the AVH-X3500BHS, Metra 95-7895 and Metra 70-1721. Do I need anything else for App mirroring to work here? I downloaded AppRadioExtensions for my iPhone 5 (jailbroken), but that seems like it's useless for now. I just ordered this parking brake bypass since I'm almost positive that it is necessary. So what can you tell me?

I accidentally posted this in the FAQ because the opening posts looked so similar and I wasn't paying attention. D'oh.

On my i5 (AR2) in the middle the calibration is perfect, but on the left hand side you have to press slightly to the left and on the right hand side you have to press slightly to the right. I can press all buttons though. I have set the calibration to 1.007 on the y axis which improves it very slightly (the increments do have to be very small otherwise it does go way off!)

On my i5 (AR2) in the middle the calibration is perfect, but on the left hand side you have to press slightly to the left and on the right hand side you have to press slightly to the right. I can press all buttons though. I have set the calibration to 1.007 on the y axis which improves it very slightly (the increments do have to be very small otherwise it does go way off!)

That is a small adjustment and what I may need to try.  Did you adjust X as well or just leave it at 1.0?  I would think the Y axis would help the bottom issue instead of left and right.

That is a small adjustment and what I may need to try.  Did you adjust X as well or just leave it at 1.0?  I would think the Y axis would help the bottom issue instead of left and right.

Well no coz as Mike said, when in landscape, x is up/down and y is left/right (counter-intuitively). Also, the up/down for me is spot on, no need for calibration

Well no coz as Mike said, when in landscape, x is up/down and y is left/right (counter-intuitively). Also, the up/down for me is spot on, no need for calibration

Good to know.  I was unaware of that.

As for me, I'm using an AVIC-X950BH which was designed a bit different (apparently) than the SPH series (in your case the AR2) so the bottom issue only applies to that series as that was confirmed with a Z150 user a few posts back.

Thanks.

i have troubles with the following feature:

• Force apps that natively support the head unit/external displays to mirror instead

my setup: iPod 4 with iOS 6.1.3, Appradio App 2.40, EppEx Beta 17 und Firmware 8.17 on my appradio 2

when forcing an app to mirror the app it does not fully start. 1st the device seems to start the app, but getting reeaaaaaallly slow, after some time the app closes and i´m on the ipod startscreen again

Can please someone help with this problem?

Hello, I have been looking for the Appradio extension version 2.0 1-1 in BigBoss repo but I cannot find it for the life of me. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this older version of the appradio extension?

Make sure you remove the beta repo from Cydia first.

Hello EveryBody,

In a first time thanks Mike for you very good work about your project ! (Sorry for my english, i'm a French)

I have a Iphone 4 (IOS 6.1) , AppEXT 2.0.1-450 and AppRadio 2.4.0 but it works half the time.
Non-supported applications crash almost all the time after 20-30sec (Return in the SpringBoard) yet they are enabled in the settings.
I just noticed that the version of the AppRadio is greater than that required on the first page.

Could you upload the 2.3.0 version because it is not found?

thank you very much

I have been excited to get an appradio 3 ever since i watched Pioneerguys video on youtube with the appradio 2

I wish i would have joined the jailbreak club sooner, but i never really had a reason, till now.

I am screwed because my 4S is on 6.1.3, with no previous blobs saved, and the evad3rs dont plan on releasing another jailbreak till ios7 releases, and it took them 137days to crack ios6, i am hoping they have a head start with ios7 beta being out for the i5.

BTW im new here, so hello as well.

• RonS locked this topic