AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

1. Someone else may have to answer this. I only have an AppRadio 1 with an iPhone 4S, but many people have it working with newer models of both.

2. You can use the latest AppRadio app in the app store. Version 2.3.0 changed significantly so I had to make code changes after that update. The first post should really read 2.3.0 and up. I'll fix that.

3. Feel free to share this. I'm actually looking for other developers to help with the project, so the more publicity the better.

Cheers Mike 

Im just going to get an iPhone 4S for the car may be easier i think.

Im just going to try play a DVD see if maybe the hand brake wire is the cause, as i did not use a bypasser i just wired it to the earth and as i have been reading more posts it seems that that is not sufficient for these head units and that you need to use a bypasser so you can replicate the on of on of the handbrake.

Ill make the post on AppAddict and also mention that you are looking for other developer input also.

Cheers man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

i have a jailbroken iPhone 4S and a pioneer avh 2500bt.

when i start the appradio app on the ip4s it dont mirroring the screen from the ip4s.

The appradio start and i see on the iphones screen only a pic from appradio app.

i download all dependencies,but perfercesloader wasnt in cydia.

Hello,

i have a jailbroken iPhone 4S and a pioneer avh 2500bt.

when i start the appradio app on the ip4s it dont mirroring the screen from the ip4s.

The appradio start and i see on the iphones screen only a pic from appradio app.

i download all dependencies,but perfercesloader wasnt in cydia.

I don't have my AppRadio yet, but thought I'd at least try to cover the basics.   Page 1 here says that there is an older AppsRadio extension in the default BigBoss repository list that shows up in Cydia.   We're supposed to manually add Cydia Repository:

http://mikedecaro.com/repo/  (Beta 17 will show as 2.0.1-450 in Cydia)  A reboot is now required after installing!

Anything I've ever installed from  Cydia that requires other dependencies automatically installs them at the time I install the main app.   I've never heard of something being installed that requires a dependency and it not being added for you.  (so that's strange)   Again I don't even have the AppRadio yet but I thought I'd make sure you covered the basics.

I'm finally ready to upgrade my clunky Kenwood DNX stereo that stopped accepting video input since Lightening replaced 30 pin.   I've been limping by on audio only via iPhone 5 with a useless Kenwood screen. (app mode on kenwood means it just gives complete control to your iPhone and the screen is back, no fun)

I thought the Clarion NX603 was going to be first out the gate with HDMI mirroring.

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/products/2013/multimedia/navigation/NX603/us-en-product-pf_1259655181646.html

The CES announcement was over 8 months ago! (and they've yet to release it)

I wrote-off Pioneer the last few years since their built in Navigation was total garbage.  I'm glad I searched around recently for HDMI car stereos.   AppRadio makes total sense though cutting out built in everything to focus on your phone running the show.

It makes sense to focus all innovation towards extending your Smartphone as the brains of everything you want to do.  I'm looking forward to what iOS7 brings for Cars but that won't mature until 2014 so I'm all in for AppRadio now.

I just happen to have a jailbroken iPhone 5 so this AppRadio Extension project is the sole reason I'm excited to buy the AppRadio 3.   

So yeah thanks for working on the Extension app here pretty amazing stuff.  I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

My AppRadio 3 and parking bypass system is on order via Amazon.  I should be able to start the install next week.

In preparation for this I went ahead and installed SBRotater 6 (BigBoss official/paid) and AppRadio Extensions (via mikedecaro.com repo)  ((which I'd gladly donate too once I'm an official user!))

iPhone 5,  Firmware 6.1.2

Since installing these two new apps, It seems my iPhone 5 crashes every 1-4 hours and comes up in SafeMode now.  (when I just let it sit)  I woke up with it in Safemode for example.

Since it's happened 4 times, I finally installed Crash Reporter & Syslog.   I'd like help reporting what the conflict might be once I have good logs to share.       I've been running solid all year until I added both these apps.   So until I get a good crash log to share, I'll start with the basics.  

Do my apps have any potential conflicts?  I don't have TV Out or Dimmer installed (the two conflicts listed on page 1)

I used PKGBackup to generate a list of installed packages

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdk3ukwt99w8bh3/List%20of%20installed%20packages.txt

I'll follow-up with logs when I get them.   I'll probably have to contact SBRotator dev too but thought I'd start here.

List of installed packages.txt

My AppRadio 3 and parking bypass system is on order via Amazon.  I should be able to start the install next week.

In preparation for this I went ahead and installed SBRotater 6 (BigBoss official/paid) and AppRadio Extensions (via mikedecaro.com repo)

Since installing these two new apps, It seems my iPhone 5 crashes every 1-4 hours and comes up in SafeMode now.  (when I just let it sit)  I woke up with it in Safemode for example.

Since it's happened 4 times, I finally installed Crash Reporter & Syslog.   I'd like help reporting what the conflict might be once I have good logs to share.       I've been running solid all year until I added both these apps.   So until I get a good crash log to share, I'll start with the basics.  

Do my apps have any potential conflicts?  I don't have TV Out or Dimmer installed (the two conflicts listed on page 1)

I used PKGBackup to generate a list of installed packages

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdk3ukwt99w8bh3/List%20of%20installed%20packages.txt

I'll follow-up with logs when I get them.   I'll probably have to contact SBRotator dev too but thought I'd start here.

I was having the same problem with SBRotator installed. I think it had something to do with rotating the lock screen, possibly only if an alert is shown. I couldn't figure out what the problem was.

I think AppEx and SBRotator overrides the same built in methods for rotation, causing a conflict/crash.

I was having the same problem with SBRotator installed. I think it had something to do with rotating the lock screen, possibly only if an alert is shown. I couldn't figure out what the problem was.

I think AppEx and SBRotator overrides the same built in methods for rotation, causing a conflict/crash.

I noticed that I can't always use the "swipe down" gesture to see weather/notifications now either.   

Let me try turning OFF rotate on lock screen for starters.    Did you give up and uninstall SBRotator?

Bummer

SBRotator hasn't come out with an update since March.  (nearly half a year ago)  6.4-5

I hope the dev is still looking to improve things at some point.

I'll do my best to see if I can make it through 24 hours.  (I removed several packages I don't "need" as a test)

I'll reach out and send him my logs if not and uninstall it for now then. (oh well)

• RonS locked this topic