AVIC411.com

NEX Problem Thread

These things are froggy at best. I got the 7000 2 weeks ago and my BT is shady. Works sometime and does not work sometimes. USB connection is shady too, error codes and I have the correct cable. Than goodness I got it at a GREAT stereo shop. They are giving me an upgrade to the 8000 for free tomorrow because of all the issues with this 7000. I certainly hope this 8000 works better than the 7000!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if this is a problem or an annoyance, but no matter what I have the volume set at, even muted or attenuated, the Nav voice comes on at the same volume. I understand the logic that it's to keep you from missing a turn, but one it's really jarring, and two, sometimes it's really inappropriate, like if someone is on another phone call, or just having a conversation.

And another that could be either problem or annoyance. My iphone connects via Bluetooth successfully every time automatically. The problem is it switches airplay to the NEX automatically every time as well. So unless I change the source to Bluetooth I don't hear incoming notifications such as texts. I normally listen to Sirius, so every time I have to go to my iphone and turn airplay off. The NEX should just continue to play incoming alerts over Bluetooth no matter what source is active, just like the GPS always mixes in.

There is no Air Play on the units. Air Play is over WiFi.

Mine also is connected airplay, I have to go into airplay on the phone and disconnect it otjerwise I don't hear texts come through,

So yes, it does connect airplay next time I'm in the car I'll take a screen shot of my phone

Airplay through Bluetooth

There is no Air Play on these units.

Then explain why it is that we have the nex connected to my iPhone 5s as airplay, and the only way that text sounds come through the phone is if we actually disconnect the airplay connection between the iPhone and the nex

Because your connected over BT, not AirPlay. Airplay includes all forms of media over WiFi including video. These units do not support video over WiFi. You're mearly looking at the symbol that indicates the audio output on the phone is travling over another output other then the phone speaker and that is not Airplay. The reason I am splitting hairs on this is to aviod noobs seeing this and start creating threads about why these units dont work properly with Airplay. If you are going to post something on here make sure you are not opening a can of worms for misinformation.

I just hooked up my 4000NEX today, and I have everything working fairly well, except for one absolutely major issue: I get no audio output over the car speakers when making or receiving a phone call over my iPhone 5.

Here's what's weird:

• Bluetooth audio works (if the cable is not plugged in)
  • iPhone over USB works
  • I get full readout on the display when making calls
  • The phone book & history works
  • When making or receiving calls, the caller can hear me over the mic connected to the NEX unit
  • I never hear ringtones over the car audio (but the phone itself will ring)
    However, I do hear alerts, like messages, which duck the audio levels!
  • I never hear the other party over the speakers
  • I can switch between other connections (speaker phone or earpiece) and hear the other party
  • I've deleted and recreated the bluetooth connection on both the phone and the NEX
  • I've rebooted the phone (normal reboot) and the NEX has been restarted several times

I'm pretty much at a loss, right now, because it's the only thing that just doesn't work at all.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Or is it time to call Pioneer?

OverZealous, I had two problems at first, the other party could not hear me and i could not hear them. All i did was increase the volume via the volume button while i was talking  and heard them, then i hit the mic button on the screen and it had 3 settings as i recall, i set it to loud and now every thing works great. try touching the mic icon, each touch increases the mic volume, and little green lights show up as the volume increases or decreases. 1 light=low volume, 2 lights= medium volume, 3 lights =high volume. I hope your problem is this.

Thanks for the feedback:

@VBLUE42: Either receiving or making calls, same issue.

@joemamma1954: I've tried cranking the audio up (which terrifies me, since I've already blasted myself trying to figure out a different issue :wink:), but it didn't help.  I tried this both on the phone and on the NEX.  I'll try it again, today, just to make sure I didn't mess something up.  The mic appears to be working just fine, thankfully.

The one thing I was going to try today is to use the "Clear Bluetooth Memory" option on the NEX.