AVIC411.com

Audio issues iPhone 5 using usb?

I noticed this the other day. I have been installing professionally for almost a decade so I have an ear for little issues. I have the RF 360.3 processor and Power series amplifiers all being powered from the 8000NEX that I just purchased. The other day I was listening to Spotify via USB so my phone could charge and I started notificing some crackling/popping. This is common with streaming audio (typically with Pandora) but not so much Spotify. So I switched to some music stored locally and the same thing happened. Switched to HD sounded fine, ok not coming from the radio itself or any of the other equipment. Unplugged it and tried BT for both Spotify and iPod, no issues, plugged it back in, now it's fine. It's strange, sounds like there's a connection issue where the transfer isn't taking place smoothly. 

After I upgraded my device to the Firmware 1.04 released last week the audio issues seem to be gone. I used my device for a couple of hours and no complains on Audio quality anymore. Pioneer seems to have fixed it without any notice but hey, I'm happy that this annoying issue seems to be gone.anyhow, I can recommend the firmware upgrade,takes just a couple of minutes and is worth being installed just for fixing this bug.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same issue with my unit. I have a video on youtube about it. it has done it with every apple product I have from the ipod classic, ipod touch, and iphone 5. what is this issue and what is the fix? I have the pioneer nex 8000. this is my second unit from crutchfield. my music works with the radio, usb flash drive, cd, Bluetooth, and just not when plugged with apple products.

The car play is coming in about two weeks and call pioneer to let them know. I called today to let them know they need a firmware update. Everything works perfect with my unit besides my apple products being installed into the USB. They need to fix that. This is my second unit already from Crutchfield thinking it was the unit.

• 4 weeks later...