AVIC411.com

Whats the difference?

I know its hard to say being that the Z2 is not on the market yet, but is it worth the wait for the Z2? Why? I have been searching and reading may articles and I dont see any hardware and appearance differences, am I missing anything? Seems to me its just a software upgrade from one to the other.

So my question is, what is the benifit(s), if any, to wait for the "Z2" over getting a Z1 model now?

I've read that the hacks may or may not work depending on who you ask. I know the hacks will be there in time, if needed for the Z2, so thats not an issue for me, when they come around i'll get them. Thanks for everyones input.

If you can find a great low price on a Z1, I say take that choice.

Because the Z2 is likely going to be at a higher price when I first hits the market anyways.

I wouldn't worry about bypass issues because I am sure the Z2 would be able to bypass as well.

Not worried about the bypass, that will come in time after you guys get your hands on it next month! I can order a new z1 for just under 1700 right now, but i dont know what the production date would be, as far as if it would have a build date before june 06 or not. Then in a couple month shelling out 250 for the update, dont know if its worth getting it now?

Has anyone heard of any upgades in hardware on the z2 at all? or is it still what I've read that its just the upgraded maps and points of interests?

I called Pioneer support last week and asked about a maps update. The rep said the update should be out end of this month or early April. He also mentioned the update not only updates your maps, but turns the Z1 into the Z2.

So again, more support to say no hardware changes.

And I did ask about price, but he could not say.

Sounds like there isnt going to be a difference and from what i can see not a huge difference in price either...I found a Z1 brand new for just over 1700 with the shipping and then the update from what ive seen here will be around 250. So the difference in cost is around 100 give or take a buck or two!

I guess I should wait for the Z2 seeing as I havent bought one yet, im mean, whats another couple weeks, right?

Sounds like there isnt going to be a difference and from what i can see not a huge difference in price either...I found a Z1 brand new for just over 1700 with the shipping and then the update from what ive seen here will be around 250. So the difference in cost is around 100 give or take a buck or two!

I guess I should wait for the Z2 seeing as I havent bought one yet, im mean, whats another couple weeks, right?

Thats what I decided too, I got a slammin deal on a Z1, but I figured with the cost of install and the cost of upgrade, I may as well just hold off a couple weeks for the Z2.

Got a sweet deal on that too, 1800 (without install).