AVIC411.com

Pioneer Announcement: Nothing Works with IOS 8

Nice. Can you reply without condescension?

http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/23/apple-carplay-delay-cbs-app/

Apple quietly removes promise of 2014 CarPlay availability as it adds CBS News Radio compatibility

Apple has quietly updated its CarPlay microsite which explains the feature to add CBS News Radio to its growing list of apps it grants CarPlay support to, but a bigger change also appears on the CarPlay site this morning. Apple is no longer promising CarPlay support from any automobile manufacturer this year as it has done since its debut in March. While there has been no shortage of CarPlay demoes and availability announcements, actually getting your hands on a model with CarPlay thus far has proven almost impossible.

The site now says CarPlay “will be available†from listed partners without offering any specific timeframe (and removing the 2014 language for specific brands altogether). This is likely due to delays in CarPlay availability thus far, even in models that have announced support earlier this year with cars that are now on the road.

It might be good of you to actually check out the Apple CarPlay site before quoting an inaccurate article. 2014 is still referenced at the top of the page.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be good of you to actually check out the Apple CarPlay site before quoting an inaccurate article. 2014 is still referenced at the top of the page.

Sure, they have not changed their page, that means it has to be so.

Summer is also quoted on Pioneers, that door is quickly closing.

Bottom line, this is a fiasco for both companies, especially Pioneer.

Sure, they have not changed their page, that means it has to be so.

Summer is also quoted on Pioneers, that door is quickly closing.

Bottom line, this is a fiasco for both companies, especially Pioneer.

I am as disapointed as anyone. My beef is with the lack of accuracy in the blogs. The rush to be first with a story is everything. And once posted, the blog is repeated exponentially, accurate or not. The recent Blog that Apple is dropping Beats Music is another example. Apple is going to rebrand the thing, not kill it. If bloggers want to be considered journalists, they need to have a bit more integrity.

first dont forget Pioneer never said what year they just said early summer! 

2) on the 9to5mac site it doesnt say anything about pushing back carplay for Pioneer or Alpine just for auto makers.

if you want car play so bad just go buy a new ferrari

1) Sure, I doubt that defense would succeed in court.

2)True.

3) I'd love to will you give me the $?

first dont forget Pioneer never said what year they just said early summer! 

2) on the 9to5mac site it doesnt say anything about pushing back carplay for Pioneer or Alpine just for auto makers.

if you want car play so bad just go buy a new ferrari

Yes they did.  The website (as of right now) says Summer 2014.

I have had no issues with my 5 & 8000NEX.

Tomorrow, I'll report what my 6+ does.

My iPhone 6 with iOS 8 does not work bluetooth wise with my 8000NEX. When i get in the car to drive down the street, they connect and then it immediately pops up a dialing box, on the screen like i'm calling someone. This cannot be hung up on and upon minimization it pops back up a few moments later and i can't really do anything with my NEX. Sometimes it says Call Waiting, sometimes it's some random number in my phone book. So either the Pioneer until cannot handle bluetooth with 6 (and 6+ i guess) or there's something buggy with how iOS8/iPhones communicate with bluetooth and they need to fix it. On a similar note my MacBook Pro also is having issues bluetoothing to my phone as well. So i'm making an educated guess that it's iOS8/iPhone rather than some newer tech/version that Pioneer can't deal with. I believe they still use bluetooth 4.1 (that should be the latest).