AVIC411.com

So the waiting's over. Let the waiting begin...

So we've got CarPlay at last, and I have to say that so far I'm pretty impressed. I really like it in fact, despite one or two rough edges. Siri being a bit random is top of my list of gripes, and Spotify need to sort their app out as well. So I'm now starting to get agitated about all the apps I want working with CarPlay. My top 3 being:

• TomTom. I *really* want a decent offline Nav package for CarPlay.
  • DarkSky. Well I drive a convertible.
  • DashCommand. This is the one app I really miss from AppRadio.

What other apps are people waiting for?

I will use carplay when appradio apps are available on it. I disabled carplay, and use usb1 for iphone6, use dashcommand as standalone app with phone at horizontal mode, (big enough screen). Have AVIC-U260 for nav, bluetooth fo calls, all music(over 20000 songs) and ripped dvds on 480 gb ssd on usb2. This is best setup for me.

On the way home yesterday, I used my phone with Waze and Pandora.  Seemed like I had taken a step back, although I really have to thank Carplay for stopping me from jacking with the finicky AppRadio functions (since i had to turn it off). I really hope Waze makes it to Carplay.

For apps I'd like to see included in the future:

1 - APIs (see below)

2 - Revamped Spotify

3 - TuneIn

4 - Audible

I'd be really something if Apple allowed some APIs for apps like Waze to overlay within the native Maps app or at the very least, allow real time notifications through the dash display. This would also be useful for an app like Dark Sky. I don't really need any more information than knowing when it is about to rain, how heavy, and how long. I think Carplay will see a high adoption rate next year as more and more companies offer it as a stock option and therefore more app development and integration. I really hope Apple continues to evolve it as well - while they may make news with their annual product line updates, there are still a few that have laid stagnant - Apple TV and Mac Mini being two that come to mind.

On the way home yesterday, I used my phone with Waze and Pandora.  Seemed like I had taken a step back, although I really have to thank Carplay for stopping me from jacking with the finicky AppRadio functions (since i had to turn it off). I really hope Waze makes it to Carplay.

Yes!, waiting on both Waze and Pandora for Carplay.