AVIC411.com

Is it worth installing CarPlay

I have the popping issue and am using an external amp. I brought that up to Pioneer tech support and they dismissed that having anything to do with it because it doesn't happen on SiriusXM or other sources... but I don't think it should be discounted. 

If you have updated and are having this issue or other issues, you can disable CarPlay under Smartphone Settings on the radio. This eliminates the pop, but returns you to pre update functionality. 

Yes!, waiting on both Waze and Pandora for Carplay.

My unit is the 8000, I have not noticed any issues after the update. I use a iPod classic for lossless music and audio books, the resume play functions properly.

If I had a SSD, the resume play disfunction would be enough reason to skip this update.

My unit is the 8000, I have not noticed any issues after the update. I use a iPod classic for lossless music and audio books, the resume play functions properly.

If I had a SSD, the resume play disfunction would be enough reason to skip this update.

I have 480gb ssd and have no issue with resume, it took several on/off cycles and works flawlessly.

I have an 8000NEX with an iphone5 connected via a lightning to USB1 cable.  I have a Porsche with the factory Bose amplifier and speakers. I used a MOST adapter from the HU to the Bose amp.  All speakers, front,side and rear work.  I am still learning to use the features of both the 8000 and Carplay but everything I have tried works and there is no popping or other noise issues nor any resume problems. I use the Carplay for music now instead of the Pioneer ipod/USB1 function but both work fine.  The hands free phone via CarPlay works fine also.  Mine was installed in May and I have used it without Carplay since then but updated the firmware a few days ago to get CarPlay and have had no issues since. I have found AppRadio to be a poor product and have abandoned it. Otherwise good products.