AVIC411.com

Carplay Disconnects

After successful upgrade to Carplay with iPhone 8.02 version Carplay works for a while fine with some problems with Spotify but after 10 minutes or 20 it suddenly disconnects and I have to unplug and re-plug to restart Carplay again. It is very annoying. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

Have you tried shutting down all unused apps on the phone? Rebooting the phone does not kill them. You must double tap the home button, then swipe the app to be killed towards the top of the screen.

I have no idea if it will help, but it will, at least, remove one possible cause.

After successful upgrade to Carplay with iPhone 8.02 version Carplay works for a while fine with some problems with Spotify but after 10 minutes or 20 it suddenly disconnects and I have to unplug and re-plug to restart Carplay again. It is very annoying. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

I have run into this as well.  The time seems to be very random.  I use my 30 minute drive home from work as a measuring stick - sometimes it works great and I don't have a problem and other times it "disconnects: 2-3 times.  When it happens the USB1 selection disappears as a selectable input.  As Archieast said, the only way it seems you can snap CarPlay back to life is to unplug my iPhone 5s and plug in back in.

FYI...have quit out of application and restarted my iPhone 5s multiple times.  Had hopes that the iOS 8.1 beta might address it and for a little while it appeared it did but over the weekend it disconnected again.

While I hope this is a fixable CarPlay issue, there is a small part of me that believes this might be something more.  I had less severe issues when I would run my iPod Classic using USB1.  Every once in awhile my iPod Classic would also "disappear" but in this case I could switch to another input, wait a "few minutes" and then USB1 would reappear again.  I chalked it up to using an old iPod Classic but maybe there is something going on with the USB1 connection that needs to be looked at closer.

Had a friend with almost same situation, we replaced the usb extension cable and used an apple certified lightning cable and it fixed his problem, careful not to bend the usb extension too much.

I will try this as well.  Fairly certain I am using an Apple cable but cannot vouch that I have not bent it "too much."  I will pay attention to that going forward...

...although with that said, CarPlay (8.1 beta 2) has worked well the last two days.