AVIC411.com

lowest $$ for pioneer avic d3

I called the Pioneer Rebate office (aka: SOund Ideas) and they directed me to order from Pioneers online Authorized Retailers. It was Sound Ideas that said the rebate is valid as long as it is with the Authorized retailers with the exception of those listed on the rebate form.

Call them if you want....

I appreciate it. Thanks for info. Good to hear. 8)

It sounds like local authorized retailers (ie the MisFits of the world) aren't allowed to ship ("trans-ship") their product and remain in good standing. Any authorized retailer off of the pioneer site is allowed to sell and ship nationally, with rebate intact.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It sounds like local authorized retailers (ie the MisFits of the world) aren't allowed to ship ("trans-ship") their product and remain in good standing. Any authorized retailer off of the pioneer site is allowed to sell and ship nationally, with rebate intact.

yeah. thats pretty much it. they dont want us hocking their products on ebay and what not

That is really weird because I just got off the phone with the rebate center and this is what they told me:

"We were told to DENY ALL ONLINE REBATES"

I then proceeded to tell her that no where does it state in the rebate that online is prohibited, but she continued to tell me that online is suppose to be denied. She said that I can send in a rebate and try and see if it gets through, but it would most likely be denied because that is what Pioneer has told her to do.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with Pioneer. They said that you have to purchase the D3 through an authorized CAR/AUDIO dealer, and conveniently the only ones that are happen to be on the ban list.

I think I am just going to go with the Al & Eds...the discount is applied immediately and I don't have to question whether or not I will get the $200 8 weeks later.

$529 shipped for the D3 and $699 shipped for the D3X is a pretty damn good deal...can't really beat it.

Thats what I thought. Consider the fact that you get a full Pioneer authorized warranty also. I dont think I found it any lower than that authorized.

you can get them for $637 net from www.abt.com.. they sell it online for $837 then you subtract the $200 mail in rebate. That's the D3X for that price. They are also an authorized dealer. I called Aaron there today, they are out of stock today but have more coming in early next week. The rebate has really made them sell fast. If you call him directly he said he would even save me another $37 since I would have to wait a few days. Not a big savings but nice that he did something. They always give free shipping so that makes it $800 minus the $200 rebate. I'm ok with mailing in and waiting for it so that works for me. I listed his info below if anyone wants to order one. if they mention this forum he said he would give anyone the same deal.

here's the info

ABT Electronics

Aaron at 847-544-2539

What number are you guys calling to get a hold of the rebate dept . We should keep calling and calling and then call some more until they get tired and honor all sales . I bought mine because of the $ 200.00 rebate , the small disclaimer on Circuit City is a lighter color and is difficult to read unless you increase the font size .It is boarderline bait and switch and if enough of us file complaints with the Federal Trade Commission , Pioneer might be forced to change their views .