AVIC411.com

D3 and Video Ipod

Here's your answer.

You CANNOT use the D3 to choose videos. You have to use the iPod.

You CAN however, use the forward/backward buttons (or remote) to cycle through videos in the playlist. This is only after you have chosen a video from a playlist on the iPod though.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's your answer.

You CANNOT use the D3 to choose videos. You have to use the iPod.

You CAN however, use the forward/backward buttons (or remote) to cycle through videos in the playlist. This is only after you have chosen a video from a playlist on the iPod though.

yeah we already answered that above.... but i realized that you have to turn shuffle off in order for this to work (unfortunately).

Exchanged my 15 day old Ipod for a replacement at Circuit City. they did the Exchange with no problem. Replacement Ipod works fine..video playlist has no issues on this one. Works perfectly/D3 switches from video to video with no issue.

Update. Started having the same issues with the replacement ipod.

The other poster hit the nail on the head..which I also learned on Ilounge.com last night.

For music videos (and possibly other videos), you have to go into the "Get Info" tab for each video, and UNCHECK the "skip when shuffling" (or whatever it's called) mode.

THIS will allow the music video playlists to operate as intended.

Apparently this is some quirke with either video ipods or Itunes. Has NOTHING to do with the Avic

i hope this is something firmware can fix... please let me know if anyone finds this out

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't see this in any of the previous replies... I hope this isn't redundant info:

The installer of my D3 told me that the video from my ipod couldn't be played on the D3... continuing that only the "more expensive" systems played mp4 formats. He insisted that only windows media files could only be played on the screen. NOT TRUE according to the website! What sense would it make to have a windows media file on an ipod anyway?

It took me a few days to realize it was my own fault for not checking the settings. The video output on my iPod were set to "off" Once I changed this to "on," I pressed the VIDEO button from the iPod screen on the D3, and presto! ...like magic.. it worked like a charm.

Here's the steps to follow on your ipod video: Videos--> Video Settings --> TV Out --> ON

I hope that helps someone. Let me know if you have any questions.