AVIC411.com

D3 and Video Ipod

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that the D3 controlled the video in some compacity. Some of the pics of the ipod screen show a video button in the top right corner of the screen I was hoping this had something to do with that, I have the rca setup with my Z1 and I I hate it, I was hoping someone finally integrated video into a direct connection with full controls scenario

**pioneers description makes it sound as if video can be controled from the touch screen (quoted below)

Connect and direct your iPod®

How much music and video can you bring to your AVIC-D3? That depends on how deep your iPod® library is. In addition to the built-in arsenal of multimedia playback options, Pioneer iPod-ready navigation systems like the AVIC-D3 make integrating your iPod® simple with the optional CD-I200 iPod® connector. And control of your iPod® music and video library is quick and seamless via touch screen control of the intuitive graphic menu. Once you try the AVIC-D3’s iPod® playback, you’ll be using it to play all of the songs, podcasts, and videos you can get your hands on.**

You need the ipod to start playing the movie. After that, you can use the touchscreen to go to other movies and chapters, just as if you were going through songs but you DO need access to the ipod to start playing initially

WHT - Thanks, that is what I was looking for that was the final deciding factor in getting rid of the z1 for the D3 done deal.

From the Owners Manual:

Playing video

This navigation system can play video if an iPod

with video capabilities is connected.

Download the manuals here:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4509

Has anyone actually hooked up video ipod w/ CD-I200 and played a movie with this connection? The A/V store I went to this evening told me the only unit with a direct connect from an Ipod cable regarding video, is Kenwood, with their KCA-IP300V. He claims that with the Pioneer connection, I'd be good to go audio-wise, but when I want to play a video, I have to unplug the Ipod, and plug in a cable with A/V connections, and operate from the Ipod itself, although that cable doens't charge the Ipod. What's the real deal?

By the way, I played with both the D3, and the Kenwood DNX7100..tough choice...I can get the D3 for $895, and the Kenwood for about $1450... the Kenwood is a pretty hot unit....much different than the former generation....cooler skin, USB, great Ipod interface, brilliant screen, Garmin Nav (looks a little cartoonish, but I'm used to it from my C330)... if it wasn't such a big money difference, the decision would be easier.

You should know better that to listen to a salesman. I have the D3 and the CDI200. It plays movies fine, no disconnecting and reconnecting other cables. Here is a quick tutorial. From the ipod screen on the D3 touchscreen, there is a button that says 'movies.' You press that and it gives you a message about using the ipod for control. You reach in your console or glovebox or whereever it is, grab your ipod, find what movie you want on your D3, and press play on the ipod. Then you put your ipod back away and control everything from the D3 (chapter up/down, fast forward, etc is all done from the touchscreen.) As for charging, it comes out of the box set to charge your ipod through the cable. You can turn it off if you want, but I doubt many people will do that

You should know better that to listen to a salesman. I have the D3 and the CDI200. It plays movies fine, no disconnecting and reconnecting other cables. Here is a quick tutorial. From the ipod screen on the D3 touchscreen, there is a button that says 'movies.' You press that and it gives you a message about using the ipod for control. You reach in your console or glovebox or whereever it is, grab your ipod, find what movie you want on your D3, and press play on the ipod. Then you put your ipod back away and control everything from the D3 (chapter up/down, fast forward, etc is all done from the touchscreen.) As for charging, it comes out of the box set to charge your ipod through the cable. You can turn it off if you want, but I doubt many people will do that

That's why I love this forum...you get the facts, and not the horsesh*t. Gracias, Amigo.

That's why I love this forum...you get the facts, and not the horsesh*t. Gracias, Amigo.

Oh no there's still plenty of horsesh*t floating around here too.

• 4 weeks later...

ok.. i am little slow today even after WHTCRXGHST great explanation.

Here is my question. I have tons of music videos on ipod, will i be able to select a different video through the D3 touch screen or will i have to use the IPOD everytime to change music videos? I don't mind hitting play on the IPOD once at the beggining to get it going but if i have to use the IPOD everytime to change music videos, that will be annoying.

Thanks in advance...