AVIC411.com

D3 and Video Ipod

Yes, you need to place your various videos in a playlist in itunes, this will allow you to skip to different videos without having to access the ipod every-time you want a different video. I have a playlist called AVIC-D3 for this purpose on my ipod.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will not see a list, you will only be able to skip back and fourth to what ever movie you want to watch. When you hit VIDEO under the ipod interface on the D3, it will tell you to use the ipod control to start play. At that point, pick up the ipod and it will already be on the movies screen. Navigate to you playlist and select the movie you want to start with. Then use the D3 skip buttons to navigate through the videos from there. This process starts over once you turn the unit off or switch sources.

Yea, the new kenwood unit interface allows you to select from the whole movies section of the ipod just as if your were using the ipod. It shouldn't have been hard for pioneer to do the same. This is about the only imperfection on the ipod interface for the D3 that i have found as far as features.

• 4 weeks later...
You will not see a list, you will only be able to skip back and fourth to what ever movie you want to watch. When you hit VIDEO under the ipod interface on the D3, it will tell you to use the ipod control to start play. At that point, pick up the ipod and it will already be on the movies screen. Navigate to you playlist and select the movie you want to start with. Then use the D3 skip buttons to navigate through the videos from there. This process starts over once you turn the unit off or switch sources.

Does this work for ALL Ipods? I have a 30gig Video Ipod purchased new from Circuit City 2 weeks ago. When I create a music video playlist, and start the first video in the playlist, it shows as "1 of 1". When I create music playlists, they display as "1 of 30" (assuming I had 30 songs in the playlist).

Long story short, I cant go from video to video using the Avic.

I tried to be tricky, and added some music videos into an existing music only playlist. Didnt work.

With that in mind..what am I doing wrong?

Dont know!!! I have the same ipod you do and I can select different videos form the D3 as long as there in a playlist. I never have done it with music videos per say but I dont see why it would matter. I do have to say that the D3 video support as far as the ipod is concerned is about as crude and rudimentary as it gets tho.

Dont know!!! I have the same ipod you do and I can select different videos form the D3 as long as there in a playlist. I never have done it with music videos per say but I dont see why it would matter. I do have to say that the D3 video support as far as the ipod is concerned is about as crude and rudimentary as it gets tho.

Far from it. Have you seen VW's ipod integration?

You have to set the D3 to video in order for it to play video from the ipod. Anything else will just get audio.

You can however, setup video playlists. I have a movies, music videos, and tv shows playlist. When I hit video, I choose a playlist and it plays. I can then use the remote to skip videos within the same playlist.

You have to set the D3 to video in order for it to play video from the ipod. Anything else will just get audio.

You can however, setup video playlists. I have a movies, music videos, and tv shows playlist. When I hit video, I choose a playlist and it plays. I can then use the remote to skip videos within the same playlist.

I am either doing something wrong with my Ipod, or have a defective one.

I create the video playlists filled with music videos. The videos play fine on the Ipod, and on the D3. I select the playlist, and can see the listing of music videos.

When I select any of the videos, the video will begin to play, but will say "1 of 1" vs "1 of....XX" (with "XX" being the total number of playlist entries.

Even using the Ipod controls, I cant skip from one video to the next.

The Music Playlists do NOT function this way. The Music playlists function correctly, with no problem.

When you say the videos play fine on the ipod are you sure they all play? Go back through and make sure you can play all videos from the ipod. They may show up in the list on the ipod but may not play. If this is the case, then that would indicate an issue with the ipod. I would try to reset the ipod.

Far from it. Have you seen VW's ipod integration?

Compared with other aftermarket nav units with ipod video support like the kenwood knx7100, the D3 ipod video support is rudimentary.

When you say the videos play fine on the ipod are you sure they all play? Go back through and make sure you can play all videos from the ipod. They may show up in the list on the ipod but may not play. If this is the case, then that would indicate an issue with the ipod. I would try to reset the ipod.

Yes. I have confirmed that each video on the Ipod plays fine..audio and video. They play fine via Itunes, and on the actual Ipod itself.

Exchanged my 15 day old Ipod for a replacement at Circuit City. they did the Exchange with no problem. Replacement Ipod works fine..video playlist has no issues on this one. Works perfectly/D3 switches from video to video with no issue.