AVIC411.com

What does having the Speed Pulse Connection Really Do on D3

I connected the speed pulse wire on the D3 to the Vehicle Speed Signal on the Ford 24 pin radio connector - Pin 14 (2006 Ford Freestar) and so far navigation is working well, but how can I tell if it working ?

I checked in the Hardware Info --> Connection Status and the Speed Pulse always reads 0

In Vehicle Dynamics it shows a speed and it changes accuratly

Should I really care ?

Well if you already have it hooked up you can see da reading using the D3 I think you go under hardware setting and then connection status. I guess you can try using a multimeter too since basically a sensor is a varying resistor that provide a varying voltage and you should see the voltage rise as you speed up. The reading will probably vary per car model and differ at different speeds, hence exact reading per speed is impossible. As long as you get 0 while your stationary and a varying reading dependent on the speed you go ie when your goin 20 mph it read 20000 and when you speed up your reading increase so that when you reach 30 mph you read 30000 (im not sure of the units of the reading since I use the D3 to test it and it gave me these number more or less) it is hook up fine