AVIC411.com
Guest THE OP

D3 Stealth Faceplate

Not really just gotta get a gm double din radio. hollow out the factory know and glue it in place. Sits in pretty close to the same position.

Guest THE OP

I will have to think of something to keep it looking factory to the clowns out there trying to get other peoples stuff.

I might make something out of mdf and use a bottlecap for a knob to make it look hidden if I need to park in a shitty location. Any other ideas?

Buy a cheap OEM radio off eBay or something, take it apart, & glue the buttons in place. I mounted my D3 about 1/4" inset from being flush, cause I planned on making a fake decoy. I love it - it gives me peace of mind when out.

post-9122-12872753660411_thumb.jpg

post-9122-12872753661082_thumb.jpg

I mounted my D3 about 1/4" inset from being flush,

hey sorry , this is off the topic of security ... how do you get your d3 so flush ? after mine was installed it sticks out about 1/8" inch , but just enough to make me go grrr . Is there any way of getting it more flush . I believe its just the face plate around it ? Any help or directing me somewhere on here would be awesome. ive tried searching already.

Thanks. here's a pic of what im talking about .

photo020908003na4.jpg

You can't beat the stock looking cover as a theft deterrent.

QFT. the only way this idea could possibly backfire is if you did such a horrible job others knew it was fake, or if you used a stock unit other than the one used in your car andsome1 noticed that. otherwise...

GuinnessBrilliant.jpg

how would you take off the decoy faceplate? Also, if you take it off you would need to reglue it again?

No, once the buttons and LCD are glued in place you just slip it on. I did the same for my 09 Accord. To tkae it off you just pull it off. It just slips on and off. I went to the local boneyard, picked up a deck from an 02 accord(last generation that used 2din), and ripped the face off. I glued the buttons and LCD to the back with 2 ton epoxy, not hot glue as the interior can get warm and I didn't want to chance it. I used some weather stripping from home depot to pad the back and a little bit on the sides so it fit snug in my enclosure without scratching anything.