AVIC411.com

possible z2 bypass

So i got tired of waiting for my D3 and ordered a Z2. They allowed me to keep the backup cam and still gave me 15% off the z2. pretty good deal i think.

so anyways.

does anyone remember the bypass on the avh-p5700. This was my unit 2 years ago and I remember the "parking brake switch" bypass.

It consisted of the following,

1 toggle switch

extra ground wire

procedures,

connect parking brake to one end of switch

connect extra ground wire to ground

switch toggle switch on and off to enable bypass.

Wonder if this will work????

I will get my unit on wednesday and this is something I will try.

I will post any success stories.

HOPE THIS WORKS :twisted:

I'm confused as to what has been tried, and we so many people messing with the Z2, I don't know if anyone knows exactly what has or has not. I'm sure coocho knows about this, but I get confused.

It's possible it's something like that but it could be based on timing.

I can't believe that Pioneer would deliberately release a Z2 and have absolutely no bypass for it. It seems like it's not an exact replica of the Z1 (either old flashing or permanently grounding 2 wires).

But I do believe there is some form of bypass, we just haven't found it yet. Someone needs to go through and try stuff and suggesting old methods of bypassing is very smart. Engineers stick with what they know. I'll bet pioneer did something like they did before. I'll bet it's either just like another model (I would have assumed the Z1) or it's a twist on another model. Maybe with timing, not connecting something until the exact correct time.

I've been debating on getting a Z2 and testing it out and then auctioning it off or maybe even holding a raffle to sell it off. Just to jump into the mix to figure out what's going on.

I've been debating on getting a Z2 and testing it out and then auctioning it off or maybe even holding a raffle to sell it off. Just to jump into the mix to figure out what's going on.

Don't cc and bb have 30-day no question asked return policies? ;)

They do up here in Canada, anyway.

I think they do but I might have enough notoriety and enough people might trust me to run a fair and honest raffle for a Z2. Not that I'm looking to make any money, and yes, I could probably return it for a refund, but I could also do a $15 for a 1/100 chance for a Z2 or something. That might make someone really happy.

I think they do but I might have enough notoriety and enough people might trust me to run a fair and honest raffle for a Z2. Not that I'm looking to make any money, and yes, I could probably return it for a refund, but I could also do a $15 for a 1/100 chance for a Z2 or something. That might make someone really happy.

Ducatiboy, I think that would be a great idea!! Sounds like everyone wins something here. One lucky person gets a Z2, and everyone else gets the bypass. Let me know if you are going to do this, i'll buy a ticket or two!!

BTW...Returning electronics I think is different when its opened, and I know they charge you a restocking fee at bb.

BTW...Returning electronics I think is different when its opened, and I know they charge you a restocking fee at bb.

It might be different up here. I had an air conditioner being fixed under warranty, and when it was taking forever, the customer service girl suggested I just buy a new one and return it for a full refund when mine was fixed (It was brutally hot at the time).

First - Raffle is a great idea; I'm down but I seem to remember you had to have certain non-profit status to run a raffle and since you have no idea who is on this forum, it should be thought out how to create and run the raffle.

Second - I wasn't going to advertise this but DB has contributed so much to this forum, he should not only be trusted with this idea, he should get a little something out of it also. When I got my system up with a by-pass, I "purchased" a component off his web site but told him to not really ship me anything, I was just pleaed with the work he does with a huge amount of patience. I know there are many others that are very involved here and contribute tons of great info solving a lot of problems for the non-professional newbies but DB's the moderator and is always there explaining with great detail along with providing his engineering skills to solve new problems, he deserves the trust and something kicked his way. That's my thoughts anyway.

GO RAFFLE !!

digxrayguy

First - Raffle is a great idea; I'm down but I seem to remember you had to have certain non-profit status to run a raffle and since you have no idea who is on this forum, it should be thought out how to create and run the raffle.

Well, he isn't really trying to profit off of the raffle but mainly get his money back so that in itself would make it non-profit. If he wants $15 bucks per ticket and someone decides to give him $20 instead, that would be more of a gift for his contributions and not a profit from the raffle.

DB, you mentioned $15 a ticket for a 1/100 odds. You'll only get back $1500 if you do that. Can you get a Z2 for that little? I guess if you went with an unauthorized dealer you might be able to. The winner wouldn't get the Pioneer warranty but for only paying $15 for the Z2, you really can't complain much. If you decide to raffle it, I'll buy a ticket.

As for the not-for-profit status being needed to run a raffle... I'm technically a Reverand. I could start a church. The Church of the Z2.

From lurking around (being a Guest at) this site for a couple of weeks I could easily argue that there is some "Z2 worship" going on. Then we'd be not-for-profit. Maybe even direct a little of the proceeds to the people who keep this board running.

I'm all in for the raffle. I don't care as much about having the Z2 as I do about having a by-pass when (if) I upgrade the software of my Z1 to that of the Z2. (If it does come out as an upgrade.)