AVIC411.com

To answer whtcrxghst's question, no it's not bypassed.

I've got a Jun 06 Z1, I've got the update installed from Pioneer and confirmed my software version is now 2.0 (aka Z2), and I can confirm that it's not bypassed by either the flasher or the 2-wire bypass. I had both bypass methods on my Z1 from the pre-bluetooth update and post bluetooth update for the Z1 and after installing the Z1 to Z2 update (yes the one that takes 3+ hours) I've got a crippled Z2 that's not bypassed.

Kinda sucks for the z1 guys then.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got a Jun 06 Z1, I've got the update installed from Pioneer and confirmed my software version is now 2.0 (aka Z2), and I can confirm that it's not bypassed by either the flasher or the 2-wire bypass. I had both bypass methods on my Z1 from the pre-bluetooth update and post bluetooth update for the Z1 and after installing the Z1 to Z2 update (yes the one that takes 3+ hours) I've got a crippled Z2 that's not bypassed.

That really sucks I just plopped down $266 for nothing then!

Out of curiousity, did you have to go to Pioneer's website to enter you S/N and get an unlock code?

I got my update from a pioneer rep, and they generated the code I needed based on the serial number of my Z1. So no I didn't get a code from the pioneer website, but I did have to enter a code to do the upgrade itself.

I'm willing to try the upgrade again and a reset, but I'm fairly confident I'm gonna be in the same boat as I am currently where the bypass doesn't work.

I was told by a support from Pioneer that I do not need a code that it will be on the DVD itself. No generating anything on the web... He also said that he could not say what changes were made to the software but it was a update to the first Z2. In other words they did make some change even to the new Z2's and those users can get that update free by calling them.

This is getting stranger by the minute...what could be on the disc that ALLOWS the bypass on a formerly non-bypassable Z2, but DISABLES the bypass on a Z1??????

Methinks we need to hear more user experiences, but I understand the reluctance of Z1 owners to try this upgrade (me being one!)

• 2 weeks later...

I upgraded my Z1 to a Z2 and the bypass all that works perfect. The only issue I had was the retrys I got from the disk reading... over 200 times I had to hit the botton but I was told by Pioneer that my disk was defective and they sent me a new one even though I was able to upgrade on the defective by hitting retry over 200 times..... No complaints here and I live in Houston and most of the map errors that I was having have been fixed.. My street to be one is now displayed....