AVIC411.com

do you think that it will be a simple software patch or they actually changed the hardware?

The Z1 and Z2 hardware is the same, the only difference between the 2 is software. So I would imagine that any update to the Z2 would be software only and with enough effort (unlocking hard drive and manually copying files) you could update old Z2's to the new Z2's for free. Of course if you want to take the easy way out and have an update disk, that you might have to pay for. But if new Z2's are bypassable and old ones are not, you can unlock both drives and hook them up to a PC and copy the image from one to the other.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got home to the Z2 sitting on the table from Fedex, Unfortunatly Manufacturer date is of April 2007....

So much for sharing the software guys, sorry

Went to local store and checked out their Z2's but their manufacturer date was February 2007.

Still on the hunt for the June 07 boxes......

ok i have not tryed this one personaly but was at a local car meet and one of the guys there works at cerdified radio and was saying that turning your e-brake on and off while it is loading a couple of tiems will bypass it :S like i said just what i heard have not tryed it so if it works YAY if not sorry to have gotten your hopes up so much

This 2nd gen Z2 that is bypassable....if true...only confirms my suspicions that Pioneer wants these units bypassable. I truly believe they feel they went to far with the 1st gen Z2 and sales are suffering. They are in the business of selling units. They will do whatever they can do to get it done that doesn't subject them to legal issues.