AVIC411.com

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So what actually happens if I ground the parking break wire? When and how often does the popup box appear? Can I still use the extra features of the nav when the GPS/VSS/gyro say I'm not moving?

Grounding the parking break wire seems like a better alternative than having the parking wire properly connected because if I'm sitting in traffic inching along, I can use the extra features most of the time without having to put on the parking break every few seconds.

The error message comes on only when the unit powers up press okay and it is gone. As you inch along you have full use of all functions untill about 12mph. As you speed up you are locked out untill you come to a complte stop.

Thanks for the replies. It then seems like the two wire bypass is better than nothing. Having the ability to use all functions at a red light is a small plus. I guess I'll tear into the dash and do the two wire bypass before I apply the bluetooth update.

I know this may be off topic here, but does anyone recommend doing a reset, erasing my paired phones, and repairing with the phone volume turned down as once recommended for the echo? Or does the Pioneer update take care of the issue to the same or better degree? I know it isn't perfect, but supposedly an improvement.

I know this may be off topic here, but does anyone recommend doing a reset, erasing my paired phones, and repairing with the phone volume turned down as once recommended for the echo? Or does the Pioneer update take care of the issue to the same or better degree? I know it isn't perfect, but supposedly an improvement.

I did not reset my unit, nor did I erase my phone registration, and the bluetooth update worked fine. For testing purposes, I called a friend of mine who is all too familiar with the ehco he gets when talking to me in my truck, he said the echo was alot better but was still there. I also tend to keep my volume kind of high when talking over the Z1, so I know that doesn't help. If anything, the bluetooth update will allow you to utilize the 2 wire bypass as earlier mentioned and just this alone is well worth it.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet and forgive me if this is common knowledge but...can you have NAV on the head unit and play a DVD while driving having it output to a headrest monitor and not the main screen?

You could have asked this in a separate thread since this has nothing to do with a bypass. To answer your question yes.

First off, im new to this forum so dont kill me for being such a newbie.

Second, Ebay has listings for a working and tested Z2 Bypass for 2.99. Is this a scam? He has excellent feedback and several recent purchases

Linkey: http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-AVIC-Z2-Working-and-Tested-Bypass_W0QQitemZ190123459377QQihZ009QQcategoryZ47103QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Why hasnt someone bought this and repost the directions on this site?

Im planning to purchase the Z2 very soon but hesistant till this bypass is out.

I have mentioned this before but maybe it will help look over something you have overlooked, I have now put on over 3000 miles and my bypass works 90% of the time, yes its not complete but I have my ebrake on a switch and if i turn it to ground it bypasses everything and gives me video and nav functions, the ONLY time I get the ebrake erroe is if I leave it grounded turning my car on and off several times without turning off the ground, but if I turn ebrake off and start and turn off my car a time or two it can be bypassed at anytime again, no need for a reset. I do not have my vss hooked up, any questions or anything you would like me to try let me know, I am awware that this is simmular to the back door bypass but I dunno I would imagine if we grounded a wire or maybe sent 12 volts to an open pin in the harness maybe or maybe not that would do something

First off, im new to this forum so dont kill me for being such a newbie.

Second, Ebay has listings for a working and tested Z2 Bypass for 2.99. Is this a scam? He has excellent feedback and several recent purchases

Linkey: http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-AVIC-Z2-Working-and-Tested-Bypass_W0QQitemZ190123459377QQihZ009QQcategoryZ47103QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Why hasnt someone bought this and repost the directions on this site?

Im planning to purchase the Z2 very soon but hesistant till this bypass is out.

Try searching or reading any part of the last few pages.

I got mine to bypass last night. It worked for about 3 hours. I then pressed the time icon on the map and it went back to being locked out. I have no clue what i did. But my parking brake and reverse wires i have grounded to the main ground. And when the DVD error message came up i touched the screen to the far left near dead center. Maybe a hidden button??

Has anyone tried testing the reverse wire with the opposite polarity and/or pulsing it? Maybe one of my wires was loose...?

My video has been working since the day that I tried my theoretical bypass. If you always watch video, you never have to flip the switch. You only do that when you need to use the Nav. I recently moved to a new state and I will admit that last night it was a pain in the butt when I needed to use the Nav and I had to wait for it to find my location after flipping the switch. It only took about five minutes, but I guess I'm impatient. I posted instructions on how to do what I did to my Z2 under the topic "Good enough for now" Bypass. Hopefully someone figures out a true bypass (no switch and nav/vid work at the same time) soon.

Although I have no updates to offer, I would like to say thanks to everyone here for your efforts. I was just about to have a Z2 installed in my car, as the store told me that they had a FULL Bypass available.... Not sure what made me do it, however the night before I searched online and found this forum. You have just saved me $3,000 for a full install (Bluetooth, IPod, XM, speakers, amp and Sub's). Not that it isn't a good product, however I drive between clients all day and having to stop on the freeway and add a location in to the unit strikes me as more dangerous than the chance to add on the fly with voice prompts?!?!?!?

The real pain is that all of my friends have handheld units and can add addresses whenever... Erm, is it me or is that a little strange as they need to watch the screen and type?!?!?

Once this gets sorted out I still intend to get the installation, simply at a different location - As I don't like people lying to me. My next question would simply be, once the bypass has been found, can anyone recommend a good place in 'Orange County, CA' to have the unit installed?? Half the places seem to try and sell you something else instead, the others seem to lie.

Thanks in advance

While at circuit city the other day, one of the guys said that a installer there was able to bypass the Z2. He said that there is a switch either on or in the unit to allow bypass. I find this highly unlikely, but wtf, if it is true then nice. If I can get more information out of him I will post it, but I think he's full of brown stuff.