AVIC411.com

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:?:

I roll my eyes because this information is readily available if you'd just take a couple seconds and read. Look at the stickys for crying out loud. Or even search..... its so annoying seeing posts like yours asking questions that are asked and asked and which the answers to such questions are so easy to find if you'd just do a little leg work.

BUT!..... to answer your question... YES you can upgrade a Z1 to a Z2 but the software is NOT out yet.

And to answer your question...

So if i downgrade to a Z1 will i be losing a lot?

You would only lose 1. Z2 - 1 = Z1.

But they are very similar. There is some features and map updated to the Z2, but most people, if you downgraded their Z2 to Z1 software before they were given the Z2, they wouldn't notice. But you can bypass a Z2 if it thinks it's a Z1.

Or could I upgrade the Z1 so it would be just like the Z2?

You can now by taking the files off a Z2 hard drive and writing them to the Z1's hard drive. There is no official pioneer update yet, that's coming some day.

Alright appreciate the help. Ya i didnt want you to answer the question again cuz i already read the information. That question mark was for the loser that posted the smiley face.

LoL, yeah im the loser but yet I knew the answer. Go away, life is too hard for you.

My e-brake cable broke a few weeks ago, and I still haven't gotten it fixed. I plan on buying a Z2 within the next few days. Can I just drive with my brake up and use the NAV/DVD? The cable is completely snapped, but the sensor still works.

Just curious.

-Chad

My e-brake cable broke a few weeks ago, and I still haven't gotten it fixed. I plan on buying a Z2 within the next few days. Can I just drive with my brake up and use the NAV/DVD? The cable is completely snapped, but the sensor still works.

Just curious.

-Chad

That will work for, at most, 50 miles. Than the Z2 will realize that you are moving due to the GPS antenna and the VSS and internal gyros and lock you out and also pop up a warning about your parking brake not hooked up correctly and not only will it no longer work, you will get an extra pop up warning message about your parking brake every single time you start the car (even if you disengage the parking brake) until you reset the Z2. So no it really doesn't work.

I would be happy with 50 miles, lol

unfortuantely, mines pop up in less than a quarter mile..

It's 50 miles from brand new. Once it pops up the first time, it will pop up every time after that within about a quarter mile. It only works when the unit is new for up to 50 miles or so.

Well, I just bought my Z2 today. Hopefully I can get it installed within the next week, but has anyone found a way to bypass this thing yet!

I keep seeing all these people selling instructions on ebay saying they know how to bypass it, but I don't really trust people on ebay. Opinions...?

Well, I just bought my Z2 today. Hopefully I can get it installed within the next week, but has anyone found a way to bypass this thing yet!

I keep seeing all these people selling instructions on ebay saying they know how to bypass it, but I don't really trust people on ebay. Opinions...?

Read any of the last 28 pages.