AVIC411.com

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

someone here well 2 people have said that they have a current bypass on the z2 , one is doing a bounty (150) so far and other has limitaions to the bypass
There is no bypass at this time. There is a back door but it disables the GPS. That is not a bypass. The other you mentioned is a search for a bypass.

Has anyone tried to ground the other three pins in connector 2 or tried applying ground to the z1 bypass pin then removing from ground the reapplying ground to it? Just a suggestion for some z2 owners to to try but I do not know if there will be consequences to doing that as far as damaging the unit. Thanks let me know if any work.

coudl be a fraud but if someone has the guts to tamper with the pins assemble it back and exchange it if unit goes bad?

i know i wouldnt but then again its just a thought for those who willing to take the risk

Has anyone tried to ground the other three pins in connector 2 or tried applying ground to the z1 bypass pin then removing from ground the reapplying ground to it? Just a suggestion for some z2 owners to to try but I do not know if there will be consequences to doing that as far as damaging the unit. Thanks let me know if any work.

I was meaning pulling the mute wire out and re pinning it in different connectors. you can test the wire after pinning it with a D.M.M. and see if it reads any voltage or ground also turning on your parking lights (if your illumination wire is hooked) to see if there is a voltage jump just in case it is a output. I would try thees methods myself but I am trying to recommend some methods to see if we can bypass this z2 so I don't have to try to find a z1 and pay more for it. Thanks

For those that are interested I did some testing with swapping the CPU's between the Z1 and Z2.

I was unable to get a Z1 CPU to work with a Z2 HDD (because I did not hack/unlock the drive).

So what I did was swap out the Z1 CPU and HDD and put them into the Z2 chassis and I was able to bypass. (so I have a Z2 with a Z1 CPU and Z1HDD).

If you are able to unlock the HDD and load the Z1 data onto your drive and put it into the Z2 without removing anything and it becomes bypassable then ignore this post.

If not, then I am guessing that anyone with a Z2 can just make theirs a Z1 by hacking their Z2 HDD, loading the Z1 image, and buying this CPU form pioneer parts. (again assuming that loading a Z1 image and placing it into the Z2 doesn't work)

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/part.asp?productNum=CWN1582

If you are able to unlock the HDD and load the Z1 data onto your drive and put it into the Z2 without removing anything and it becomes bypassable then ignore this post.

That was tested on a few people's systems and did seem to work. No hardware change needed. Just take the Z1 image and overwrite the Z2 image and it worked. I believe physically swapping hard drives also worked on the tests as well. The bypass followed the files/hard drive. A bypassed Z1 with a Z2 drive was no longer bypassed. A Z2 with the Z1 files on it was bypassable.