AVIC411.com

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They said they have been to this website and don't understand what the big deal is.... They swear the 2-wire bypass works on the Z-2. Any thoughts on this?

My thought: they're lying.

Or they have a Z1 image and are loading the hard drive with a Z1 image and bypassing it that way. I don't think most people would be able to notice the difference in the software, it doesn't say Z1 in the software anywhere.

Well swaping the control units was unsuccessful. In fact if you take a hard drive out of the Z1 and place it in a Z2 it says the HD is un-usable. If you take the Z2 drive and put it in a Z1 it says it's unusable.

Also if you take the control unit out of a Z1 and install it in the Z2 and use the Z2 drive is not usable. If you use a Z1 drive and Z1 control unit in a Z2 case it works fine, bypassable and all.

Basically, all of the software is contained between the Control Unit and the Hard Drive. You cannot mix and match them. They must be together.

The reason I got a Z2 is because my backup camera signal was scrambled on my Z1 so crutchfield sent me a replacement Z2. I still have to send back my old Z1.

However, when I put the Z1 control unit and Z1 drive in the Z2 the backup camera signal was still scrambled which tells me the tuning for all video channels are done on the control unit.

Or they have a Z1 image and are loading the hard drive with a Z1 image and bypassing it that way. I don't think most people would be able to notice the difference in the software, it doesn't say Z1 in the software anywhere.
Still sounds like lying to me :evil: but yeah, that's kindof a lot of work just to claim you've "bypassed" the Z2. And man, that would suck to add to the confusion of unaware people going around claiming they have a bypassed Z2.

In fact if you take a hard drive out of the Z1 and place it in a Z2 it says the HD is un-usable. If you take the Z2 drive and put it in a Z1 it says it's unusable.

That's not true, a few of us have been using both Z1 and Z2 images on our Z1 and Z2 units.... but they've been unlocked and prevented from relocking. Perhaps they don't accept locked drives from the other units, I'd buy that.

That's not true, a few of us have been using both Z1 and Z2 images on our Z1 and Z2 units.... but they've been unlocked and prevented from relocking. Perhaps they don't accept locked drives from the other units, I'd buy that.

It is true because I did it. And it may be the fact that the drive is locked, but without hacking and unlocking the drive just a simple remove and replace it will not read the drive.

I have all of my music on my Z1 drive and do not care about the backup camera that much to lose the bypassability of it. I am just going to put up with it...

So right now I am running a Z2 case with Z1 control unit and Z1 drive.

All,

I work with a group of talented GPS software engineers that would be able to manipulate the AVIC’s code in order to bypass Pioneer’s overly cautious restrictions. The key to the problem seems to be gathering the raw data (ASCII/Binary) and converting it into C or C+. Two software engineers at my current place of employment used to work for Alpine. They have confirmed that the code is definitely stored on the flash memory. The hard drive simply holds the software database. Please let me know if you guys have any suggestions.

It is true because I did it. And it may be the fact that the drive is locked, but without hacking and unlocking the drive just a simple remove and replace it will not read the drive.

Yeah, that sounds right, I'd even believe that remove and replace drives from a like-model might not work.

Unfortunately (for all of us), there is really no incentive for them to dedicate that much time towards finding a solution =/

Is cash enough of an incentive?

Let me be the first to offer a bounty of $100 for a working bypass for the Z2 that is as easy or easier to implement than what is available for the Z1. The bounty is payable via my PayPal account. I would encourage everyone else to pledge whatever they can. A working bypass is the only thing stopping me purchasing a Z2 right now.

Let me be the first to offer a bounty of $100 for a working bypass for the Z2 that is as easy or easier to implement than what is available for the Z1. The bounty is payable via my PayPal account.

Count me in!