AVIC411.com

DucatiBoy's Flasher is the funk!!!

So, I have a question...

I just installed my Z1, with the DC-BP1 (DucatiBoy ByPass 1). So how do I know if it's working?

What features would I not be able to do while driving that I would actually want to do (not watching DVD movies). What features does this enable in the NAVI mode?

-Jeff
Yah, I don't know the easiest way to describe this. But people who had it installed without it know instantly.

Easiest thing to tell people to do to check:

Turn on the car and let the radio boot up.

Hit the MAP button, then hit OK past the nav nag screen.

Then press the center MENU Button.

8 of the 10 buttons should be available and the two most right buttons are greyed out.

If you have the 8 buttons available, you are good to go. If you have 4 buttons (I don't remember which ones) it's not working.
dang it, i need one, but don't have $25 to spare after all these parts/labor, extra unit etc... any other way to by pass it besides the flash trick? i have HID and LED tail light, even if i just flick the parking, it's bad for the LED...
[quote name="Anonymous"]dang it, i need one, but don't have $25 to spare after all these parts/labor, extra unit etc... any other way to by pass it besides the flash trick? i have HID and LED tail light, even if i just flick the parking, it's bad for the LED...[/quote]

Actually they are $30 not $25. And no there no other way other than manually flashing your lights. If you have HID's just flash the parking lights. HID's don't like to be turned on and off. LED's don't care, flash all you want. Those are your tail/brake lights, they go on and off 100's of times a day (every time you hit the brake). They should last for ever no matter what you do with them. In other words, don't worry about your LED's, just your HID's.

And really? You can't spare $30? You bought a $2K radio? Heck, my gas bill is $50/week these days. You really can't squeze $30? Really? :)
it's truely sad. i spend all my money buying the head unit, had it installed and all the extra junk unit attached (i think the flasher is probably a better investment than the piece of crap ipod adaptor and useless navtraffic(since there's no alternative route for where i drive to everyday..)