AVIC411.com

CD-BTB200 Bluetooth and Smartphones

I have a Cingular (ATT) 3125. Without Jetware, there was no communication with my D3. With Jetware, it works but the Jetware app has slowed my phone down to the point it's not useable as a Windows Mobile device. Yeah, I know WM is slow to begin with but this is unacceptable. It's taking up to several minutes to load WM apps. I restarted the phone but no improvement.

Any advice guys? Thanks!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still stuck here, AVIC-D3 with CD-BTB200 all connected and working except with my Treo 750. I loaded Jetware and registered, but it still comes up Invalid Device. And yet, if I go to BT audio, it plays everything on there just fine. I reset the AVIC, reset the BTB200 and hard reset the 750, then reloaded Jetware.

Interesting point, Jetware is not showing as a program running on my 750.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to successfully able to get my T Mobile MDA to register and work with the CD-BTB200.

After trying everything imaginable, including the JETware software and Broadcom bluetooth stack, I finally found out what I needed to do in order to get this configuration working. Although I installed the JETware software without first testing the phone, based on other information, it's probably necessary.

Essentially it required flashing the latest and greatest T Mobile ROM and then installing the JETware software. The ROM can be found here: http://www.t-mobile.hr/mdasw/RUU_Prodigy_3821_382124_026911_TMO_HR_WWE_Ship.zip

The ROM is World Wide English (WWE) but defaults to Croatian regional settings so you will have to adjust them to your regional and time zone settings, etc. You may also lose some T Mobile software that your phone currently has.

EDIT: 09/10/2007

---BEGIN EDIT---

You will need to also change your voice mail telephone number and GPRS settings as they default to Croatia.

Voice Mail:

Click Start->Settings->Phone->Services->Call Forwarding->Get Settings...

Highlight and copy any of the telephone numbers and click "ok".

Next, click Voice Mail and Text Messages->Get settings...

Paste the telephone number into the Voice Mail field and click "ok". In the US I believe it's always "+1 (805) 637-7243".

GPRS settings:

Click Start->Settings->Connections->Connections->Advanced->Select Networks.

In the upper half of the screen "...Internet should connect using:", click "New...". Name it something like "T Mobile Internet" and then click on the "Modem" tab. Click new and then create a name, i.e., "GPRS" and select "Cellular Line (GPRS)" as the modem and then click "Next". For the access point name it will depend on your service level. If you do not have a monthly Internet plan of at least $19.99, use "internet.voicestream.com", otherwise use "internet2.voicestream.com". Click next and leave the remaining information blank and click "Finish". At this point, you should be able to connect to GPRS again.

---END EDIT---

I will not go into the process or legality of updating the ROM on your phone, there are plenty of on-line articles covering those topics. This could damage your phone and render it a door stop and very likely void your warranty. Since it is an official T Mobile ROM, it may install just as you would expect an update would, i.e., without hacking your phone.

After the ROM update, your phone will have the following versions:

IPL: 3.08

SPL: 3.08

GSM 02.69.11

Basically, upgrade your ROM to that version and then install the JETware software then you should be good to go.

The pairing process is not always automatic. The most reliable way I have found is to turn on the head unit and set it to "Always waiting" and then from the bluetooth manager, under devices, hold the stylus on "Pioneer BT unit2" and select "Set as Hands-free". The head unit should indicate it's connected within a few seconds.

Since I just flashed my phone (losing all my contacts, etc.) I have not yet tested the phone book transfer.

In testing the hands-free with the mic being placed on the overhead visor resulted in loud and clear audio for the other person. Also, you need to answer the phone from the head unit.

Hope this information helps someone.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

After reading many posting and tinkering with different setting on both the phone and my Avic D3, I was finialy able to connect my Cingular 8525 phone to my CD-BTB200 today. I am running the upgrade - WM6 OS. I also installed the Jetware extension. To get the phone to connect I set my Avic D3 on search. Then I attempted to make a call. The system automaticly recognized the phone. I hung up from the call and was able to make calls directly from the head unit. To transfer contacts I went to My Contacts on my 8525. Then I went to transfer phone book on the D3. Then I beamed each phone book contact to the system. I was able to set the 6 presets with names and phone numbers after that.

• 2 weeks later...
After reading many posting and tinkering with different setting on both the phone and my Avic D3, I was finialy able to connect my Cingular 8525 phone to my CD-BTB200 today. I am running the upgrade - WM6 OS. I also installed the Jetware extension. To get the phone to connect I set my Avic D3 on search. Then I attempted to make a call. The system automaticly recognized the phone. I hung up from the call and was able to make calls directly from the head unit. To transfer contacts I went to My Contacts on my 8525. Then I went to transfer phone book on the D3. Then I beamed each phone book contact to the system. I was able to set the 6 presets with names and phone numbers after that.

Hi,

I have a Cingular/ATT 8525 WM6 upgraded. I have been fussing with this phone and the BTB-200 for a few weeks now. I have the Jetware software on it. I am able to connect and see the phone signal/battery bars on the unit. But I can only make calls using the "Direct" function. When I try to send a contact by using "Beam" with Bluetooth, it finds the BTB200 but it fails to send it. I was wondering if you could elaborate on how you managed to get this to work. Thanks a lot.

-dice38

• 2 weeks later...
Im having caller ID issues with my 8125 and WM6. The Jetware software is working properly, but when someone calls, the D3 still shows as "unknown" even though I've transferred my whole phonebook to the unit. I've tried with the caller ID function checked and unchecked in the Jetware software. Anyone got any ideas?

Kryptonite

Ps ( and yes, the call is coming from a phone number in the phonebook; for all you wise guys out there...)

if you run the handsfree config application on your phone... and then menu > Advanced Options... youll see a bunch of check boxes... try toggling the Caller ID on ... i havent tried it on mine yet as im sitting in my office at work... hope it helps... jetware rox... wonder how much money the've made since the D3 came out lol

Please don't flame me if this has been addressed... My phone is newer than the last page of this thread, so I figured I didn't have to search through every page.

I have a Samsung SCH-i760, an AVIC-D3, and the BTB200. Has anyone gotten this combination to work? I have installed JetWare, but it does jack sh** on my phone. (I've heard that JetWare is not compatible with Samsung phones... bummer)

I've called Pioneer and Samsung, and both parties blame the other.

What happens is this:

My phone will see the "Pioneer BT unit2" and list two profiles available: Handsfree & Headset. Obviously, the former is for BT phone, and the latter for BT audio. When I select "handsfree" or both... i get "invalid device" on the D3 once I put in the PIN on my phone. This leads me to believe that the problem is with my D3/BTB200 and not the phone, since the phone seems to be doing its part. Also, if it helps at all... the BT audio source shows that it's connected to my phone when I switch to that source... however it disconnects as soon as I try to do anything, such as listen to a song, or press any buttons whatsoever.

If anyone can help me out, it'd be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

PS... I've had the BTB200 successfully connected to a Palm Treo 650 in the past, so the BTB200 is working. (I'm sure at this point, none of you suspected that, though) There were no absence of issues with the Treo, though. I couldn't maintain a connection when I wasn't on the phone (so I couldn't use the phonebook), the phonebook had to be transferred one at a time, and the D3 always displayed the last call # when I was connected, as opposed to the current caller. (To name a few) I still liked having the BT phone integration, though... it's better than the little speakerphone that was on the Palm and is on the i760.

OK i should be getting my btb-200 adapter in a few days for the d3 ive been reading all the problems everone is having i have a alltel moto Q does anyone know if the moto Q through alltel will work everything i have been reading about on here deals with mostly atat phones ?

Thanks, heliskier...

You sound familiar... have I seen you somewhere before? haha

If you're up to date with your PDAPhoneHome thread subscriptions, you already know that I still can't get mine to work. I don't get why mine isn't connecting. I understand what I'm supposed to do, but it just doesn't move to the next step once I get the BT unit2 recognized and I hit FINISH on the phone. The D3 never responds to it. Hitting BACK or ESC and then SEARCH doesn't yield any results, either... It never sees my phone.