AVIC411.com

CD-BTB200 Bluetooth and Smartphones

I just purchased the jet software as well today for the same reasons as everyone else. However, my avic requires a few attempts before actually connecting. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Secondly, on my treo 700w my bluetooth icon is displayed as being off (dark blue color) as opposed to (white color) when it is connected. The wierd thing is when my avic does connect to my treo, the treo still displays as being disconnected. What's going on?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

After reading this thread it appears that a few people have been using the 3rd party software successfully with thier PPC phones. My question is, has anyone been successful with the Cingular 8525 on WM5? I tried the 3rd party software and still can't get my bt200 to find my phone. I've also tried this process with my global phone with the same results. So if anyone has been able to use thier 8525 with the bt200 can you please post up how you accomplished this.....

Thanks!

Im having caller ID issues with my 8125 and WM6. The Jetware software is working properly, but when someone calls, the D3 still shows as "unknown" even though I've transferred my whole phonebook to the unit. I've tried with the caller ID function checked and unchecked in the Jetware software. Anyone got any ideas?

Kryptonite

Ps ( and yes, the call is coming from a phone number in the phonebook; for all you wise guys out there...)

Samsung T809 - Cingular

everything works great...however

i need to try about 3 times to connect. it's even registered...my brother's phone connects at every 1st try...

how does it not connect with mine at 1st try??

does anybody have this kinda of situation?

I have the D3 with the BTB200 paired with the Verizon Motorola Q. I've had many of the problems mentioned on this string, ie pairing problems, phone book transfer. I worked with Pioneer support to get around these issues and now for the most part it works great, but smartphones and the Pioneer Bluetooth modules are known to have problems. It's the Windows O/S that gives the BT problems. With the "Q" I can do most functions accept voice dial. This sucks since this is one of the reasons you get a handsfree device, so you don't have to fiddle with the phone in the first place. I hope that firmware fix comes soon.

I just got my D3 hooked up with the CD-BTB200 Bluetooth Adaptor. Pairs just fine with my Blackberry 8100 Pearl as well as the phone book transfer. Only problem is the caller id that it will not recognize callers wen they call in? I am not sure if it is the 1 that is not added to my entries in my phone book. Gonna experiment a bit and see what happens. Anyone have this problem? Or a fix?

I just got my D3 hooked up with the CD-BTB200 Bluetooth Adaptor. Pairs just fine with my Blackberry 8100 Pearl as well as the phone book transfer. Only problem is the caller id that it will not recognize callers wen they call in? I am not sure if it is the 1 that is not added to my entries in my phone book. Gonna experiment a bit and see what happens. Anyone have this problem? Or a fix?

Romeo, did you test Voice Dialing?

-Stevie

Is there any way (on the D3) to modify an entry to differentiate between Home, Cell, etc?

On my Treo, I have them listed as such for each entry. But when transferred to the D3, nothing differentiates them, and I haven't found a way to manually edit on the D3 to differentiate.

Upate on the 700P... i got mine todo everything but transfer the phonebook (Everything i tried that is)

ON the treo:

-Visiblity: Visible

-Bluetooth: On

Goto "Setup Devices" then "Trusted Devices"

It will discover the BTB200, select it and enter the '0000' code

Goto the AVIC, under the bluetooth "Functions menu" go:

-Phone connect, search

It will find your phone and connect

Then hit BACK

Goto register phone and press and hold the top space... it will save your phone

Done... just need a fix for the phonebook