AVIC411.com

CD-BTB200 Bluetooth and Smartphones

i e-mailed pioneer asking tem if my moto Q would sync up to there bluetooth adapter this is what they sent back

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

Pioneer does not have a phone compatible list. However you can check with the cell service provider to see if your cell phone have the following profiles.

This profiles are require to make your phone Bluetooth compatible.

GAP (Generic Access Profile)

SDP (Service Discovery Protocol)

HSP ( Head Set Profile)

HFP (Hands Free Profile)

A2DP (Advance Audio Distribution profile)

OPP (Object Push Profile)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it helps, some of us over at PDAPhoneHome boiled the problem down to the registry entries dealing with bluetooth in Windows Mobile 6.

You can read how we got it working here: http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/samsung-sch-i760/94843-any-luck-pairing-pioneer-btb200-bluetooth-adapter-3.html#post680106

Many thanks to heliskier and 03cobra to name a few.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been able to get the Blackjack 2 (Samsung SGH-i617) to pair with the BTB-200? My Blackjack 1 would pair (with some tweaking), no such luck with the BJ2. I can get an A2DP pairing for about 10 seconds (no functionality) then it disconnects. The devices see each other and WinMo6 successfully pairs, but the BTB-200 won't recognize it.

I've tried the Reg mods that the peeps over at PDAPhoneHome came up with, to no avail.

Help!

(great forum, btw)

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone succesfully transferred their address book from their Nokia N95 Smartphone? I can pair the 2 succesfully and I can direct dial from the D3 but I can not tranfer my phonebook from the N95. I've checked on the internet in numerous websites including this forum but can not find anything with this configuration. The N95 is fully unlocked but I am using the AT&T/Cingular Network.

i e-mailed pioneer asking tem if my moto Q would sync up to there bluetooth adapter this is what they sent back

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

Pioneer does not have a phone compatible list. However you can check with the cell service provider to see if your cell phone have the following profiles.

This profiles are require to make your phone Bluetooth compatible.

GAP (Generic Access Profile)

SDP (Service Discovery Protocol)

HSP ( Head Set Profile)

HFP (Hands Free Profile)

A2DP (Advance Audio Distribution profile)

OPP (Object Push Profile)

I had a Moto Q with Sprint service (dark gray Q) and it connected perfectly with the D3 thru the bluetooth adapter. After you register it, it automatically connects and disconnects when you turn your vehicle on and off. It also plays your ringtone through the speakers when your phone rings. The only downfall I found in the short time I had the Q was that there wasn't an audible alert that would sound when a message; voice, text, sms, etc, would come through.

I hope this helps.

Has anyone succesfully transferred their address book from their Nokia N95 Smartphone? I can pair the 2 succesfully and I can direct dial from the D3 but I can not tranfer my phonebook from the N95. I've checked on the internet in numerous websites including this forum but can not find anything with this configuration. The N95 is fully unlocked but I am using the AT&T/Cingular Network.

If the phone doesn't support OBJECT PUSH PROFILE then the answer is no.

Hey guys, there is a app out known as Jetware Mobile. It adds the functionality missing from most Treo 700w/p and Cingular 8125 making it able to communicate with the D3 also adds the ability for you to upload your contacts so they do appear on the D3 screen. Being using this now for I've used this app with a Treo 700p a Verizon 6700 and currently using it with my new HTC Mogul on from Sprint .

Hey guys, there is a app out known as Jetware Mobile. It adds the functionality missing from most Treo 700w/p and Cingular 8125 making it able to communicate with the D3 also adds the ability for you to upload your contacts so they do appear on the D3 screen. Being using this now for I've used this app with a Treo 700p a Verizon 6700 and currently using it with my new HTC Mogul on from Sprint .

Wish they made an APP that works with Palm's operating system and not just Windows Mobile....

Ugh! I can't get my new Centro to pair for nothing!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest astrobill

All:

Thor and I are both having the issue about not hearing the voice dial PROMPTS from a Bluetooth-capable phone once voice dialing is activated. However, I've been able to get my entire address book transferred in one swoop. No problem there.

- A

Hey mikee_lykes_it!

Well, I just did it. It actually disconnects when you ask for the "transfer phonebook" from the D3. THEN, from your N95, go to the contacts, select all, synchronize through bluetooth (you'll see the pioneer unit as a choice), when you confirm, you'll see the transfer going on on the D3 until it says "complete".

Good luck!

I did solve the problem but the solution was weird.

Thinking I had a defective BT head and having Pioneer support confirming it, I purchased another. Same problem!! This made no sense! It connects but no sound, only static. What are the chances of having 2 bad units? Then, by mistake, I plugged in the bus cable intro the wrong socket (instructions say, blue end to blue socket) and it WORKS! What is this? In fact both units worked and not only did it connect as before but now I had sound. Pioneer support confirms that some have been assembled incorrectly!

I can barely beleive this!

Any one else run into this? BTW, I was unimpressed with Pioneer support.

sounds to me like you have something setup wrong in the first place... i couldnt get my plugs to hook up incorrectly as youve stated and had ZERO issues pairing a MR 1.08 Palm Treo 700p to my avic d3... sound is perfect and im able to push my phonebook

as far as i know the MR1.10 has a different bluetooth stack which the newer models use... i havent found a single newer palm treo that would pair with my avic d3

I just talked to a Pioneer customer service rep., and he says that Pioneer is working on a "fix" for the Smartphone/PDA interoperability with the CD-BTB200. He wasn't sure how long a fix might take, but his comment was: "Our engineers are aware that this is a problem with Palm and Blackberry devices. We're trying to get a firmware update that should address the fact that those phones don't sync up with our product that well."

Here's hoping the engineers are reading this thread and are working hard for a fix...

I called and they stated it's normal and No work in progress. I have an avic z1 with Bt but my phone does pair up well but my issues are sometimes the unit will ack like it's on a call and over ride the navi to the point I have to reset it. Pioneer have stated there are some slight issues but No fireware in store yet.