AVIC411.com

CD-BTB200 Bluetooth and Smartphones

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my D3 installed in my F150 and it is great! I'm dealing and reading with the pairing issues w/ the bluetooth BTB200 and smartphone (HTC/Cingular 8525). I have yet to try the jet software but I always like to try to fix it directly versus through a third party software. I have gotten it to stream perfectly via bluetooth but it cannot even locate my phone but my phone does find the D3. I'm wondering if the fact that the WM5 wants to assign both Hand free and wireless stereo to one item if that's what's killing the signal. Also, when the phone finds the d3, it always says 'Pioneer BT Unit 2' versus 'Pioneer BT Unit' as mentioned in the manual. Does anyone think this may have something to do with it?

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one with a caller id issue?

Example: I place a call to 555-1212. Complete the call.

Afterwards, I then use my bluetooth connected cell phone to dial a contact in my phone book. That contacts number is 555-1313.

The call goes through the D3 just fine, BUT the display on the D3 shows the number as 555-1212...the prior call.

WTF

Okay I got my BTB 200 and my BB 8100 connected and talking :D Hurray! but it seems the voice dial is not working correctly, I can press it but I get no commands (voice back I get it on my headset), this means I have to be looking at the phone to know what to say (that is not a good thing at all). ANy fixes or is this just how it works?

Thanks in advance!

I bought a Sprint Mogul (PPC 6800). Previously, I had another Sprint phone that connected to the D3 just fine. But I could not get the Mogul to connect to the D3. It connected as a bluetooth player, but not as a handsfree phone. I tried several times, and gave up.

Then I installed the Jetware extensions on the Mogul. Now it connects just fine. I can see the signal strength and the battery on the D3. I can download the entire phonebook at once. And my ringtones on the phone plays through the D3 when the phone rings. All better than I expected. So this software also works on WM6, which the Mogul has.

Jetware doesn't do it for me. I have Dopod p800w which is HTC P3300, HTC Artemis,Qtek G200, T-Mobile MDA Compact III, Orange SPV M650.

It's running on WM5.

I just got the btb200 installed and it can't even find the device.Anyone ever get this device working?

Maybe we should start a compatibility list for BTB200.

Okay I got my BTB 200 and my BB 8100 connected and talking :D Hurray! but it seems the voice dial is not working correctly, I can press it but I get no commands (voice back I get it on my headset), this means I have to be looking at the phone to know what to say (that is not a good thing at all). ANy fixes or is this just how it works?

Thanks in advance!

Pioneer has documented this and thats how it works. Hope they fix it someday. -Stevie

I have two HTC handsets, an iMate Jamin running Windows Mobile 5 (SIM Free) and an HTC S710 (SPV E650 on Orange) running Windows Mobile 6.

The iMate running WM5 works fine after installing Jetware, was quite impressed with that, however even after installing it on my new S710 with WM6, it still does not work.

I called Pioneer earlier and they said to call back in a month or so as they are working on a firmware update to bring the Bluetooth compatibility into the 21st century.... he didnt really know what he was talking about, but here's hoping!

I've had a quick look through this thread and cannot see anyone who has got this working with any device running WM6 - if you have, please let me know ;)

Cheers,

Dan.

I started a gripe thread about this elsewhere, but I think the option we all have to consider is A) returning the BT module and getting a Parrot kit (if you are in your return period and have easy access to the BT module like me) or B) find a public forum and try to petition or call for Pioneer to fix this issue ASAP. I mean, I have really become numb to vendors overpromising and underdelivering, and I fully expect that with any new technology I buy, I will really get "20% less" than I thought - and I am an EXHAUSTIVE researcher. Nevertheless, some features won't work as promised, there will be compatibility issues, etc., but seriously - this POS doesn't work with a HUGE amount of the phones out there. And if the Jetware profile fix didn't let many of the WM users limp along, there would probably be a mutiny.

I am up for starting it, but I can't think of the best forum to get Pioneer's attention. Anyone else?

So I spent about 2 hours last night searching on this forum and other websites trying to figure out how to get my Palm 700p to properly work with the AVIC-D3 and CD-BTB200 bluetooth module.

I got it to link up with the AVIC, but I could not make any outgoing calls. The calls stayed on my handset and would not push to the AVIC. BUT if I got an incoming call I could answer it on the AVIC and it came through great. The caller ID didnt work, it always showed the last number that called not the current number calling. I couldnt figure out how to upload the address book, nothing seemed to work.

I sent an email to Pioneer, they responded and told me to call them. (Gee, thanks....) After work today I tried to call and by some MIRACLE it worked. Everything works perfect. I still tried talking to Pioneer, but they had no suggestions. After about 15 minutes on the phone the rep put me on hold and came back and said I should try Jetware.com (I told him I had been there already and that it was only for Windows devices). Then he suggested avic411.com, and I responded "been there, done that." He didnt have anything else....

The ONLY thing I changed from yesterday to today was that I downloaded the most recent security patch from Palm's website for the 700p.

If you are trying to send your address book to the AVIC, go to the address import function in the AVIC once your phone is linked. THen go into your cell phone contacts, select the category you want to upload (I used "All") and go to file, send category. Once that pulls up you select BLUETOOTH and then hit OK and let it find the AVIC. You should be all set after that.

Hope that helps someone else on here... :) Good Luck!

Hi Guys,

I have read all discusions but did not got a good answer for my question. I have an smartphone HTC P4350 (this is from the same factory as an Qtek) and an D3 with the BT200 module. This smartphone work with WM5.0.

When i try to pair my phone with the D3 is stays : Invalid phone.

When using it with BT-AUDIO the phone is reconized by the BT module.

I called the Pioneer service centre and they told me that the most smartphone don't work with the Pioneer.

IS this true or is there a way to let my smartphone work with the BT adapter?

Second question:

If i make an call with my other phone (Nokia N73) there is a problem with the sound. People can't hear me i also don't hear any thing. I only hear a buzzing sound when i select BT-phone. I also don't hear any dailing tones.

Thanks