AVIC411.com

On a number of occasions, my Z1 has froze on the Boot up screen. It has now become a daily activity. It gets to the Pioneer Screen and thats it. The music will play but you can not push or select any buttons. Just sits on the Pioneer screen. The only way to get ride of this is to hold down the reset button and sometimes that doesn't even work. I feel that the unit does it most when it is hot. I do not get the random bootup screen while driving like some have posted. If the unit makes it past the Pioneer scrren then it will work the complete time until vehical is restarted. Any suggestions?

This seems like a hard drive failure. It could be caused by some corrupt software on the hard drive as well. You are doing a level 1 reset. Try a level 2 then a level 3 and if that doesn't help a level 4. I think with your unit locking up a level 3 might be the next step, you might not be able to get to a level 2 without access to the system. It's all on page 175 of the manual.

• 3 weeks later...

My unit was fine after level 3 reset for a few days. It is now freezing again. I am 99.9% positive that it has to do with heat. 1st thing in morning no problems freezing, at night i get no problems freezing, If the vehical sits in the sun for a extended period of time I can bet on it freezing. If I run the A/C for a few minutes on a hot day then turn on the unit I get no freezes. So basically if the vehicals cab stays cool then its ok, if its hot the unit will freeze.

• 1 month later...

Im pretty sure this is a heat issue. My 2500hd has a dash that sits a bit closer to the windshield and it does it 100% of the time during hot days!

Try using a sun shield to prevent the dash from getting hot. It works everytime with the shield in place.

i have the same problem. it seems like it only happens when its really hot in the car. like if i park my car at work and leave it while the sun beats down on my car along with the unit. when its cold, or at night Z1 works for me all the time, how can we prevent unit from getting so hot?

i usually turn on my a/c because my a/c vent is right above my unit. (2000 honda civic)