AVIC411.com

New Z2 "bypass/back door" something to check

i think what we need to know is exactly what people accessories we have installed with the z2 like the bluetooth ipod adapter etc.. because it only works on mine for a couple miles then stops and it seems other people are haveing the same probem and others arent the unit is to new for them to release diffrent types of software so its gotta be in the accessories

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ducatiboy is right...it's prob not voltage diff between the parking brake. I have NEVER connected my VSS wire. I think I have every option installed on my unit. Originally my unit had e-brake perm on and it didnt't work. The next thing was adding the switch, ipod, rear video and rear camera. Then it worked. I'm not sure why that would make a diff. Nissan07 has his working too, I wonder what accessories he has.

Beachdoc

I read Yzracer's post and I'm gettng the same messages.

I disconnected my VSS and added the spst toggle switch.

1. I start the vehicle, unit boots up and I check my parking brake status and its on.

2. Reset the unit, insert a dvd and let it play for 30 seconds.

3. Turn off vehicle and open the door to turn unit off and I turn the parking brake off.

4. Wait several minutes, restart vehicle with parking brake off.

5. Unit boots up and dvd audio comes on and I get the viewing dvd from front seat message.

6. I toggle parking switch on and dvd will play for approx. 4 miles then get the same message about viewing a dvd from the front seat.

Note: I start over from step one and follow directions and I always get the message about viewing a dvd from front seat while still in park. I know the parking brake is off. From Beachdoc's instruction he stated if I get the message to start over from step 1. I still do and I always get that message.

Beachdoc original instructions was that he was viewing his dvd from the rear monitor using RCA's cables.

Will that make difference?

I read Yzracer's post and I'm gettng the same messages.

I disconnected my VSS and added the spst toggle switch.

1. I start the vehicle, unit boots up and I check my parking brake status and its on.

2. Reset the unit, insert a dvd and let it play for 30 seconds.

3. Turn off vehicle and open the door to turn unit off and I turn the parking brake off.

4. Wait several minutes, restart vehicle with parking brake off.

5. Unit boots up and dvd audio comes on and I get the viewing dvd from front seat message.

6. I toggle parking switch on and dvd will play for approx. 4 miles then get the same message about viewing a dvd from the front seat.

Note: I start over from step one and follow directions and I always get the message about viewing a dvd from front seat while still in park. I know the parking brake is off. From Beachdoc's instruction he stated if I get the message to start over from step 1. I still do and I always get that message.

Beachdoc original instructions was that he was viewing his dvd from the rear monitor using RCA's cables.

Will that make difference?

I did the same and have the same result...except my vss is switced also..When my video goes out I flip the vss on for a sec then off and whola....video comes back

I dont know what the reasoning is...but the unit will display the front seat warning...then I flip the vss switch on / off and the video continues to play until the next time the message appears...a few miles later..seems more prevalant during stop/go situations

My video never goes out and I don't know why. Also, when I reset my unit I got an error message stating the VSS wasn't connected and the map wouldn't be as accurate. No one else seems to get that message. I've always assumed my VSS wire was just cut. My friend who installed it said he didn't connect it. Perhaps, he grounded it to the harness? Would that make a diff? My speed pulse is always zero. Also, I think my unit might be the only virgin out of the group that has never had voltage to the VSS ever. Not sure what diff that makes either? I wish someone else that has it working would post their findings........

Beachdoc

I got the VSS message right after I reset the unit and have never received an e-brake error and I haven't had to reset the unit....that's all I remember. I don't think you have to drive very far. It should be before the GPS unit callibrates with the e-brake off the entire time callibrating. Just my experience.

Beachdoc

ok guys, I might have made some progress. I reset my unit again and started my dvd with the switch on. After 30 secs of play I turned it off and turned the switch off. After starting again I just drove around until my calibration got to simple hybrid, then I selected dvd while driving and hit the switch. It is all working for now, over 10 miles! I am at the Dr now and I will take the long way home to see if it keeps working.

as i said in post i have vss wire disconnected and everything the way youall said.i have ipod,bluetooth,5700 tv tuner ,

it seems to me everone is so desperate they think it works .it seems that when the nave is recalibrating you have vid but once the calibration reaches a certain point it realizes your moving and you get the parking break message and out goes the vid .i find it hard to beleive that this works for everone but me.everone else whith the same issue should voice themselves so we all dont consentrate on this lame fix that doesnot seem to work.

Vap,

I can understand your frustration but I for one would never post a backdoor that isn't truly working. This was my fear in posting what I achieved in that in might not be reproducible by everyone. However, it seems the harder people are trying...the further and more successful it's becoming. It's simply a timing issue with the e-brake, resetting the VSS, and timing the callibration with the e-brake. I again never claimed this to be the perfect fix but at least I'm providing info and it's progress in understanding what the unit expects and looks for to access the backdoor.

If people are going to be critical, I won't post any further info and finding unless i'm pm'd.

Thanks.

Well I may have got ahead of myself, I got the parking break error just as I was pulling in the house. It did work longer than ever at just under 20 miles. I didn't notice any changes on the calibration screen, I am still at simple hybrid. It is possible that I messed it up myself when I went through a drive through and shut my truck off, so I will give this method another effort tomorrow. I feel like I am getting close and I am going to keep trying, there has to be a simple bypass for this thing like all the other models.