AVIC411.com

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when you taped the card to the HDD did you simulate the same position that you removed from the tray? also what did you use to cut the tray? is it possible that metal fragments may have ended up on parts of the HDD circuit board? did you put the HDD in a vice?

i did simulate the same position. i used wire cutters to cut the tray then when my friend came ove, he had the proper screwdriver to remove the hard drive. we then took off the hardrive and i used a dremel to fix the bent cuttin caused by the wire cutters.

just a suggestion but you should have that card extension on the bottom of the plate as in may need to press a switch down in order to activate it. as it shows in the picture it could be up enough as to not provide the necessary downward pressure.

when I got home last night I looked into my Z1 and saw that the second trigger switch was very close to the front of the opening, not affected by what you had cut off. it seems as though you must have dammaged something on the HDD.