AVIC411.com

Hey everyone...

I tried burning my backrounds that I got off this site to CD using Ahead NERO software. I can get the Z1 to recognize the disc, but it comes up with a message saying I need to create a folder and add pictures to it!!

:?:

Am I missing somehting totally obvious here?? (noob)

Did you follow the directions in the manual? You need a pictures directory or something and you need to put the pictures in there. I have never seen that error, did you put your pictures in the root of the CD or in a directory?

Did you follow the directions in the manual? You need a pictures directory or something and you need to put the pictures in there. I have never seen that error, did you put your pictures in the root of the CD or in a directory?

No, I didnt read the directions..lol.

I just saw you need 100MB of dummy data, that was most likley my problem. Although this time I will make certain the folder is named, "pictures" and give it another shot.

As far as root, or directory, I have no idea. I just highlighted my 'avic backrounds' pictures folder and added it to what was being burned to the CD

Well, I'm having a problem importing pictures but I'm using the standard windows built in data cd creator. Could that be my problem?

I believe that the standard windows cd burner does NOT work. You are better off using software like Nero or Roxio. Also, I think the jpegs mustn't be saved in the "progressive" format.

Well, I'm having a problem importing pictures but I'm using the standard windows built in data cd creator. Could that be my problem?

I believe that the standard windows cd burner does NOT work. You are better off using software like Nero or Roxio. Also, I think the jpegs mustn't be saved in the "progressive" format.

Yeah, I read that, and in the initial development, I did save it in progressive format because the program I use only does jpeg's that way. So I saved it and reopened it in windows paint and save it as a jpeg in there (there's no option for progressive format, so I assume that would suffice), not luck.

Now, I did find an additional software on my wife's computer that had some extra burning features. I marked it to close session, but I reused a cd that already had the Pictures folder on because I ran out of cd's, lol.

So I'm going to try a fresh one today....

Anymore idea's to look for or can you outline your process?

thanks

Well, I create a folder called 'dummy' for the junk I put it in. I find it =reasier to know exactly how much data is there. Of course I also use a folder called 'pictures' to put the background pics.

One more caveat: Be sure that the junk you put in there doesn't contain mp3s

I use Nero to burn my CDs. Oh, that's another thing; don't use DVD ( +r, -r, whatever). They won't work with the Z1/2.

Good luck.

Hmmm... check the size of your jpg. If you don't use the recommended size (500 x 240, I think) or a multiple there of, it will put borders. It doesn't stretch the picture to fit.

yeah, that's the size I used.

I'm going to try and take a picture of it today.

Its weird, I don't recall anyone else having that at the top of their pic change.

Do you still get the pioneer markings though?

• 2 weeks later...