AVIC411.com

I KNOW HOW TO BY PASS THE Z2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually heard the same thing yesterday but didn't want to look like a moron if I got bad info. Apparently the Z2s that are arriving now (produced recently and just now reaching stores) are bypassable using the 2 wire method (the same way as the post-July Z1s.) These can be identified because the serial number stickers on the box are yellow instead of white. Guess they finally realized sales were slowing

In addition, I hear that if you take the Z1>Z2 upgrade disk (CNDV-700HD)and stick it into a Z2, it will update it to the new "bypassable" condition. If you stick it in a Z1, you get the new maps and your post-July bypass will still work.

For all our sake, lets hope me and this other guy heard the same thing within a day of eachother because its true

has anyone tried grounding the orange/white wire yet? I read it on installercentral. Its the illum wire but i dont see how its gonna work. supposedly it keeps the z2 in night mode but whatever. Normally its a + input.

does not work.

I actually heard the same thing yesterday but didn't want to look like a moron if I got bad info. Apparently the Z2s that are arriving now (produced recently and just now reaching stores) are bypassable using the 2 wire method (the same way as the post-July Z1s.) These can be identified because the serial number stickers on the box are yellow instead of white. Guess they finally realized sales were slowing

In addition, I hear that if you take the Z1>Z2 upgrade disk (CNDV-700HD)and stick it into a Z2, it will update it to the new "bypassable" condition. If you stick it in a Z1, you get the new maps and your post-July bypass will still work.

For all our sake, lets hope me and this other guy heard the same thing within a day of eachother because its true

So what you are saying is the only difference between the say manufacture date on a Z2 and one that is current the only difference is the software that is loaded to it? And to make the march manufacture date unit work as the current is just load the new update to it and therefore making it bypassable?

Thats what I hear. We should know real soon since the update disks are supposed to be out this month

So what you are saying is the only difference between the say manufacture date on a Z2 and one that is current the only difference is the software that is loaded to it? And to make the march manufacture date unit work as the current is just load the new update to it and therefore making it bypassable?