AVIC411.com

No QWERTY keyboard?? I didn't know it had it in the beginning?? My D2 has it in alphabetical order. Please clarify that you can still enter addresses via touchscreen.

I'm also concerned about the statement you said that says it's up to date up to April 2005? I know the Navi discs from the D3 will not work with most of our units, but the Navi disc that comes with the D3 has streets that were completed in early 2006. So my question(and I understand if you can't answer) is that are the Navi discs that come with the D3 more updated than even these new CNDV-70MTP discs?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No QWERTY keyboard?? I didn't know it had it in the beginning?? My D2 has it in alphabetical order. Please clarify that you can still enter addresses via touchscreen.

Yes, you can still enter information via touch screen. My wife's Z2 has a QWERTY keyboard, not the alphabetical order keyboard that you and I have. I read another post where someone thought it might just be a simple software upgrade. Well, if it is, it didn't get put on this disc.

I'm also concerned about the statement you said that says it's up to date up to April 2005? I know the Navi discs from the D3 will not work with most of our units, but the Navi disc that comes with the D3 has streets that were completed in early 2006. So my question(and I understand if you can't answer) is that are the Navi discs that come with the D3 more updated than even these new CNDV-70MTP discs?

The disclaimer section of the upgrade instructions states that the map data is through end of April 2005. Now I thought maybe it was a typo, but the same statement is on both instruction sheets. I'll double check the disclaimer again. I'll check my wife's Z2 manual and see if there is any comments about the map data for her unit. It should be the same data. Stranger things have happened, but I'm guessing that Pioneer didn't purchase several different databases from TeleAtlas for the different products. If someone could check the manual for a D3 and see if there is any reference to the map data there, that would be great too.

Here's a quick check for me that you could possibly do. Are there any roads that you know for sure that were built after the date of April 2005 that are on the disc? Thanks so much for giving us so much feedback.

I stand corrected. The actual disclaimer reads...

"Data for the Map Database

This database was developed and recorded up to April 2006. Changes to streets/roads made after that time may not be reflected in this database"

That's what I get for not checking more closely. I apologize for the earlier mistake. It is 2006, not 2005. Maybe it's time to get my eyes checked.

Here's what I've noticed about the CNDV-70MTP so far.

That stupid "BROWSE" option that was grayed out was replaced with "My Favorites" which is NOT grayed out. It serves the same purpose.

So in other words, sports works.

POIs and roads have been updated.

XM icons have been updated to reflect the new icons on www.xmradio.com. In addition, the "generic" XM icons look MUCH more professional. It's actually a smooth, anti-aliased XM logo.

I haven't navigated with them yet. I have just updated.

The new disk doesn't have a start up picture or any backgrounds... Did anyone find a way to add custom backgrounds to this version?

I made an iso and injected background files from a 2006 disc and put a PIM2DIN folder with some backgrounds. Im going to try this tomorrow

Yes. please let me know if this works, I was wondering the same thing, I lost my custom background when I upgraded.

Anyone have the real 70MTP that can verify if they are not on it? Im wondering if the person who ripped the torrent iso didnt rip it right

LOL You are slling copies and dont even own an original set ;) j/k

But yes the original discs have all 0k PIM files. very strange.

Anyone have the real 70MTP that can verify if they are not on it? Im wondering if the person who ripped the torrent iso didnt rip it right

LOL You are slling copies and dont even own an original set ;) j/k

But yes the original discs have all 0k PIM files. very strange.

Had them. Sold them. I ripped it and then got rid of them. Im just wondering If my program missed the PIM2DIN folders as such as it doesnt have it...