AVIC411.com

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rumor is that the update to the Z2, this is the latest software that is shipping from the factory. These latest Z2's are supposed to be bypassable using the same 2 wire grounding method as the newer Z1's. There is nothing "different" in the bypass but the Z2's are supposed to be different. Have not seen any personally, but that's not saying much. Hope all this is true.

The yellow stickers that we found were only on the master shipping cartons that the distributer gets on the pallets. The Z2 that we got from those is bypassable. The sticker is a small yellow circle, about a half inch in diameter. The older ones had the same sticker in white. The shipment we got had no yellow stickers on the individual boxes.

By the way coocho...... he may be an idiot or he may just be naive. It's good to see that you are still a jackass like always though. You must be overwhelmed at how clever you are. It's always such a joy to hear your wisdom.

I wonder what are the odds of being able to use an image off of one of these new by-pass unit to by-pass the "outdated" Z2's.

I haven't tried it yet, but I would bet that the odds are 100%. I'll bet if you unlocked both drives and stick them in a PC and then do a copy of all files from the new one to the "outdated" one, it will be bypassable when you put the drives back in the unit.

We just need someone who has one of these new units to unlock their drive and make a drive image and post the files for us.

OH, THE JOY! To think once and for all those god forsaken warning messages might go away???? OMG, I H A T E those things. Anxiously await an image!! Guess once I pull drive to load a new image on it, that's my opportunity to research a bit further on copying MP3s directly to the drive :)

To think once and for all those god forsaken warning messages might go away????

ALL THE? No only the parking brake is not connected correctly message. All the other pop ups will still happen, but everything will work all the time (if this update is really true).