AVIC411.com

importing pics from cd to the z2

hey i just got the z2 a few weeks ago and i was fooling around with the settings and saw that you can import pics from a cd and make it your background. i read up in the manual and followed all of the instructions to a T, but when i put the cd of pics in, all it says is "CD-ROM inserted". and it won't read the cd...any ideas??

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:17 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for the raw data just use .zip files that equal >100mb. And you have a "pictures" folder. Should be good to go after that!

i'm sorry but i don't really understand what you mean. i have a "pictures" folder. should the pics be in a .zip or what? im confused.

what he is saying is that you have to have your pictures in a folder title "pictures"

then you also have to make a junk folder, full of a bunch of other "junk". just make sure it doesnt have any audio files, and that the total disk space used ends up over 100MB.

this is all in your instructions, so I am sure you did this part correctly.

the other thing that caused me problems, was using the windows software to burn the disk.

for some reason the avics dont like windows burning software.

I downloaded a free trial of Nero, and it worked first try.

• 2 months later...

sid06...I'm wondering if you ever had any success with your background pics? I'm having the exact same problem that you described. I downloaded a trail version of nero 7 (to be exact). Created the "picture" folder with over 100MB of "junk" data. Burned the cd-r as per instructions in the manual (mode 1, no multi-sessions and finalize). Still, all I get is CD-ROM Inserted. I go to the menu to change background and the"import from disc" is grey and not allow me to select it as an option. What was your "secret to success"? I thought that I was going all the way into the menu to change the backround setting but maybe I'm not...HELP!!!!

calvin1202...yes i was successful in getting the picture background to work. just do exactly what bigred said and it'll work fine. for some reason it doesn't work with windows, so use nero. nero works like a charm for the avics. after you put the disc in, go into the settings menu, then background, and the "import from disc" button should be highlighted.

• 3 weeks later...

This doesn't work, period. I consider myself very knowledgeable with all CDR burning programs and I ruined 10 CDR's using everything from Windows, Roxio, to Nero and this simply doens't work and it's fu*king annoying. I did EXACTLY what the guy said up there and the import from disc is still greyed out no matter what.

This doesn't work, period. I consider myself very knowledgeable with all CDR burning programs and I ruined 10 CDR's using everything from Windows, Roxio, to Nero and this simply doens't work and it's fu*king annoying. I did EXACTLY what the guy said up there and the import from disc is still greyed out no matter what.

are you creating a "pictures" folder (well that's how it is on z1, not sure what you have to call it for the z2) and also, i used a CD-RW for my pix...

info from Z2 manual:

Limitations for importing pictures

When you burn a CD-R (-RW), make sure the

total data size of the CD-R (-RW) is greater than

100MB by storing dummy data or other filler

information. Otherwise, the disc may not be

recognized by the built-in DVD drive.

❒ You cannot use a CD-R (-RW) containing MP3

files or Audio data (CD-DA part) for importing

pictures.

❒ When storing pictures on a CD-R (-RW), create

a folder named “Pictures†in the CD-R (-

RW), and store the picture files in this folder.

(Up to 200 picture files can be used in total,

including pictures that are already stored in

the hard disk drive and pictures in the CD-R (-

RW).)

❒ When you burn a CD-R (-RW), limit the number

of folder hierarchy levels to eight.

❒ You can only use a CD-R (-RW) finalized with

single-session for importing pictures.

❒ You can only use a CD-R (-RW) finalized with

“Mode1†for importing pictures.

❒ Only JPEG format (“.jpg†or “.JPGâ€) pictures

can be used. Progressive format JPEG pictures

cannot be used.

❒ Using only the standard Latin characters

(alphabets of both cases: A-Z, a-z) and numbers

(0-9) is recommended for the file name. If

you want to use letters with diacritical marks

(such as ä or è) for file name, finalize the CDR(-

RW) with Joliet (Unicode) format.

❒ Pictures up to a maximum of 2 592 x 1 944 pixels

can be used. We cannot guarantee proper

operation for a picture bigger than this size.

❒ After changing a set image that was imported

from a CD-R (RW), you must use the CD-R

(RW) where the image is recorded to restore

the previous Splash Screen.