AVIC411.com

I've read a few threads about this "hot startup" issue. I've got a customer with a Z2 that claims his is freezing on startup and he's reset it on the face several times. Is there another way to reset? I thought I'd read something in the manual about this but it didn't seem to work.

If the unit is dead like some of the others, what do I need to do with it? Send in to Pioneer? What are the details on that?

Thanks

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sure you can take it out and send it to Pioneer...they may or may not clear the drive (didnt on mine)...and send it back to you with a NTF (no trouble found)

They are aware or the problem..THe Japan techs know of it also...they are however unable to reproduce the issue thus unable to come up with a cure for the issue.

From my understanding, Pioneer will send back your original unit one time..next time replace the HD, next time send a new Z2...this is according to a tech that I spoke with at Pioneer, Ohio

Absolutely! You have a mini computer in your car!

There was a thread about unit freezing on a start-up and somebody said something about a heat sensor. What I found out is when my unit got stuck, it got a HDD read error and when it was working properly, there was not read error.

Somebody mentioned doing a level 4 reset (I think you have to hold map button during navigation load). This WILL ERASE EVERYTHING from your hard drive (except for maps and stuff. All private info will be gone.) That someone didn't see this problem ever since. Me on the other hand - lost everything and I got back where I was. I gave my unit to the installer shop and they were kind enough to replace it for me. I haven't had this problem ever since.

hope this helps

dimaj

Thanks for the info. I'll try that level 4 reset.

I wish you luck with that...I received my z2 back from pioneer..they didnt do much to it..I did a leve 4 and it still freezes up.

I think its a luck of the draw, some do it others do not

I would highly recomend sending a letter to pioneer with your unit and telling them that a bench test is not going to solve the problem and not to send the unit back to you with a NTF like they did with mine and a few others on here. I would accept nothnig less than a new hard drive, and then if that does not solve the problem a new unit all together.

I now know why there are so many refurb z's for sale on ebay.

You need to call the service center in which you have sent the unit to ... in my case that is the Ohio one...

Google pioneer service center....then the city/state to get the # or wait until your unit comes back with a packing slip...the # is on it

I had the freezing problem on bootup with mine as well. I reset it many times and it finally came back to life but I suspect that it will have problems again... I bought one of the first Z2s in my area and I know my dealer will replace it if it goes again but what a hassle having to go through and customize all my settings again...

Don

Talked to the service center today.

My unit arrived at 9:35am 7-18-07 via UPS Priority Overnight.

They were unable to locate my unit via serial number but were able to locate it via the UPS tracking number.

Their computer shows the package being scanned in at 1:30pm 7-18-07.

Today is 7-23-07, and they have yet to process my unit for warranty repair/issues.

The woman on the phone acknowledged that Pioneer is aware of this issue, but she was unable to answer my concerns about what happens if the techs are unable to replicate the issue.

She insists that the unit is on scheduled, and only 1 day overdue for entering into warranty/repair (assigning an ARA number).

I guess here is where I pray to god my unit doesn't get lost?

:cry:

I have determined that the lockup problem is definately happening due to heat. If I leave the car outside in the sun and all inside the car heats up, the unit will lockup. Once the unit cools down, all is back to normal. The same thing has happened after a 2 hour trip with the air conditioner on and then stopping to fill up with gas. On restarting the car the Z2 locked up until it cooled down again. Thus without a doubt, the internal heat in the Z2 is causing the lockup wether from outside heat or internal operation heat. Reseting did not work except make me loose my rear view camera input.

Does anyone have an idea as to resolve this. Send the HD to Pioneer or what?

It will sit an a cooled service center for a few hours before they get to looking at it, so they will just send it back NTF, No Trouble Found. I don't think anybody has had any luck with getting it resolved through a Serviced Center. I would be curious to see if those who have updated their Z1's continue to have freezing problems.

The only "solution" I can think of is to wait several minutes for the car to cool off them restart or install a two position switch on the 12+ so that you can restart the unit w/o have to kill the ignition.

Talked to the service center today.

My unit arrived at 9:35am 7-18-07 via UPS Priority Overnight.

They were unable to locate my unit via serial number but were able to locate it via the UPS tracking number.

Their computer shows the package being scanned in at 1:30pm 7-18-07.

Today is 7-23-07, and they have yet to process my unit for warranty repair/issues.

The woman on the phone acknowledged that Pioneer is aware of this issue, but she was unable to answer my concerns about what happens if the techs are unable to replicate the issue.

She insists that the unit is on scheduled, and only 1 day overdue for entering into warranty/repair (assigning an ARA number).

I guess here is where I pray to god my unit doesn't get lost?

Dont feel bad..My unit was delivered to Ohio on Monday the 23rd..and I now have to wait Aprrox. 2 weeks for a new unit from California...they ship ground..Im in Ga.