AVIC411.com

well mine strted fucking up today :(

first it started skiping sont on my HD then i shut the damm thing of and it just got stuck on splash

i try soft reset then only my nav was working i can't even open my AV stuff

then 5 more resets and it started working again

10 min later skiping songs and the stuck on splash WTF :x

is my HD done is is it the unit it self ???

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well if your lucky enough to be still under warranty..you can send it back...get a NTF code...install and have the unit screw up again..or not install it and call the next day saying its still doing it (because it will weather you install it or not) and have pioneer send you a new unit in retail packaging with all accessories as they did for me, unit to arrive today.

Unfortunately, the warranty is not reset and is still from the date of purchase for the original unit

Your stuck as the unit will only become worse freezing up more often over time. Seems to be luck of the draw...some do it...others dont.

Just got my unit back.

NTF.

I am going to chew them out on the phone. I gave a 2 page detailed list of how to replicate the problem.

Also I had a CD inside the unit that I was unable to eject because the unit would not start up.

Talking to the warranty rep, there is NO note of the CD, or any of the 4 items on my list of problems.

The ONLY note in the system is "No Trouble Found."

I am so pissed right now =/

I am fairly sure it's heat related as well. I have a Z1, and here in Texas it started freezing both last summer and this summer. It's worked flawlessly through the colder months.

I ended up cutting a hole in the a/c vent behind the radio, and installing a switch on the 12v switched line. I always turn off the switch when I stop. When I start the car, I have to let it run for about 5 minutes with the a/c blowing cold on the unit, then I can switch it on while I'm driving. It boots everytime when I do it that way, even though the dash is super hot right above the unit. It never boots if I forget and it turns on with the key.

I don't even have to park under shade now, I can always get it going while I'm on the road, no matter how hot it's gotten in the car.

I am fairly sure it's heat related as well. I have a Z1, and here in Texas it started freezing both last summer and this summer. It's worked flawlessly through the colder months.

I ended up cutting a hole in the a/c vent behind the radio, and installing a switch on the 12v switched line. I always turn off the switch when I stop. When I start the car, I have to let it run for about 5 minutes with the a/c blowing cold on the unit, then I can switch it on while I'm driving. It boots everytime when I do it that way, even though the dash is super hot right above the unit. It never boots if I forget and it turns on with the key.

I don't even have to park under shade now, I can always get it going while I'm on the road, no matter how hot it's gotten in the car.

What car do you drive? I was thinking of doing the same in my 350z with the AC vent.

Just got my unit back.

NTF.

I am going to chew them out on the phone. I gave a 2 page detailed list of how to replicate the problem.

Also I had a CD inside the unit that I was unable to eject because the unit would not start up.

Talking to the warranty rep, there is NO note of the CD, or any of the 4 items on my list of problems.

The ONLY note in the system is "No Trouble Found."

I am so pissed right now =/

I can relate...I was in the same situation 2 weeks ago. Now I have a new warranty replacement (since friday) it came with the updated software ready for the wire bypass.

I called the location that serviced the unit and spoke to a head tech..Ohio location his name is Garrett...very helpful...had the new unit sent out same day they received the old..

So far so good

I can relate...I was in the same situation 2 weeks ago. Now I have a new warranty replacement (since friday) it came with the updated software ready for the wire bypass.

I called the location that serviced the unit and spoke to a head tech..Ohio location his name is Garrett...very helpful...had the new unit sent out same day they received the old..

So far so good

I spoke to the Long Beach CA office.

The manager/supervisors were either "unavailable" or "out of the office."

However, I got transfered to someone in the service/operations department who knew much much more and he told me what to specifically tell the warranty department, and authorized the work.

marful: I have a Toyota 4-Runner. I believe this also contributes to the problem, as the 4-Runner radio opening is at the very top of the console, right under the dash, with no insulation under the dash.

I would guess that vehicles with the nav unit mounted lower, maybe with some buffer between the unit and the dash are not nearly as likely to have a heat issue as mine is.

On the 4-Runner, the a/c vent is right behind the nav unit, so it was simple to cut a hole to allow air to blow on the Z1

So far so good

I spoke to the Long Beach CA office.

The manager/supervisors were either "unavailable" or "out of the office."

However, I got transfered to someone in the service/operations department who knew much much more and he told me what to specifically tell the warranty department, and authorized the work.

marful,

my z1 is in the long beach office last friday for the 3rd times. i spoke to sal, he's the lead operation technician. a lot of us has this problem but there's no cure yet or couldn't be duplicated it, he told me. i have a feeling that pioneer will exchange another one for me again. typical work around.

i've posted on another thread on my z1 symptoms. whenever i have music files in my hd, it will skip and freeze up on a hot/cool day. i delete all my music files, my z1 works like a champ for 4 days straight. i went ahead and report to pioneer and tip them with a clue i experienced. i decided to have it service again since it's still under warranty.

guys i have this down to the hard drive and the hard drive alone.

if your unit does not boot its because the hard drive is just too hot. if the unit boots but the music jumps around in the libarary then its just shy of not booting.

when ever the music is jumping around pull your hard drive out and feel it it will be hot. let it cool and it will boot and play fine.

2 schools of thought

#1 the z2 does not disipate heat well enough to cool a hot hard drive. this is really evedent.

#2 there is about a 30-35% [my guess] ratio of hard drives that are prone to heat failure before there rated limit. [if you know hard drives they are not really to predictable unless they are cold even some of the best drives have intermittent problems]

as i stated the z2 cannot cool the hard drive down once it gets too hot.

not sure why bridge4d can play music through the hard drive.

mine will just jump around song to song even if it boots when the hard drive is too warm. if your unit doesnt boot see how long it will play a song in the hard drive.

try this when it doesnt boot, pop out the hard drive and put it in the fridge or freezer put it rite back in and i bet it boots. guys this hard drive pops out in a few seconds give it a try.

im also wondering if stuffing this z2 in a dash if a few of the wires in back are blocking the airflow to the fan in the back of the HU