AVIC411.com

The Final AVIC-Z2 Bypass- Look no more!

After much testing, we have come up with a solution that we can now run with. All rumors can be put to bed!!! This is not a theory that someone saw somebody else do...

The upgrade DVD (for the Z1 POI/maps) is the answer to all of our questions. The DVD-ROM is a part number of CNDV-700HD and the version number is 1.0. The release date is 02/2007.

I purchased this DVD from Pioneer yesterday and relunctantly installed the upgrade on my April 2007 model AVIC-Z2. No where in the documentation does it mention the Z2, so I wasn't sure if it would mess up the unit or not. I began the upgrade, which was described as being two processes.

The first is to upgrade the POI's and Maps (DATA), and is supposed to take up to 3 hours! Mine only took about 4-5 minutes. My assumption is that it didn't have to delete any old data (which would be found on a Z1).

The second process is to update the PROGRAM. This is supposed to take approximately 10 minutes. Mine only took about a minute.

After doing this process, you will need to complete the two-wire bypass (as the later of the two Z1 bypasses). This is the parking brake wire and the additional pin on connector #2 both being grounded.

My personal verification of this bypass working...

Prior to doing this bypass, I tried almost everything, including the ground the parking brake wire and push the reset button. That worked for anywhere from 23 to 76 miles... Not a reasonable solution.

After completing the upgrade DVD processes, I spent alot of money on fuel driving many miles, making many stops and starts. The longest run without interruption that I completed was 143 miles. This was sufficient for my tastes. I also tried the enabling and disabling of the two wire bypass while stopped and while running. When the wires are both grounded, it is completely bypassed. When the wires are not grounded, the system will act as if the parking brake is not on, therefore giving you the features that most of you currently have.

My definition of a COMPLETE BYPASS:

When the above mentioned bypass is active, the following functions are available...

Navigation buttons that are now enabled:

1. Address Search

2. Return Home

3. Go To

4. POI Search

5. Telephone Search

6. Traffic Events

7. Traffic Flow

8. Traffic Settings

9. Stock Info

10. Set My Favorites

11. My Favorites

12. Displayed Info

13. Short-cut Selection

14. Map Legend

15. Regional Settings

16. Hardware

17. Defined Locations

18. Background Picture Setting

19. Modify Current Location

20. Restore Factory Defaults

AV Buttons that are now enabled:

1. AV Input 1

2. DVD Player (on-board AVIC-Z2)

The only thing that I noticed that is not currently bypassed:

1. The initial Navigation CAUTION SCREEN prompt

2. The initial Parking Brake WARNING SCREEN prompt

Coming from the AVIC-D1, this bypass acts the same way. I never got rid of the two above mentioned prompts, as they never bothered me.

This will allow you to utilize the above listed Navigation functions no matter what speed you are going. You no longer need to pull over to input the new destination, etc. This also allows you to view the Audio/Visual inputs including the on-board DVD while driving. Please note that this should not be used by the driver of the vehicle!

This is what I have personally completed on my own unit. Some may wonder if this is true or not, but some people cannot be convinced unless they do the bypass themselves. Those that do believe will benefit from my real-life findings. If you think that there is not enough mileage on the new "Bypass" to warrant that it is the end all, be all, then you can wait until Sunday, July 23, 2007 when I double check this bypass driving from Los Angeles, California to Rapid City, South Dakota. I am leaving tomorrow (July 19)...

I will post pictures as soon as I can upload them (sometime today)...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should be getting my disk tomorrow.. I too will test this bypass and see if that will work. I am upgrading from a Z1 so we will see what happens.

dwhitley, when you do the udate with the Z1 to Z2 disc, are you doing it to your z1 system that is already bypassed? I would like to see if the bypass remains after the usdate has been preformed to a Z1 that is already bypassed.

Thanks

Image.... well I paid and so can everyone else... Now if there is someone who wants to buy it from me.... cheap an image of course or a copy.. well we can work something out but first I need to make sure its just loads and is not tied to me...

if i lived closer i would