AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

Hey,

I used the second method on for the bypass. When i put the cd into my Z2 the screen said that it had already been updated. But when I tried to use my nav functions without the parking break down i was denied. Any advice?

Hopefull Hyperite should be abel to answer this. He knows this unit inside out. The only thing I have read was to check and make sure the 2 wire bypass is correct. I have not done mine yet, I am scheduled for Nov. 2 install. If you find out please advise.

Good Luck

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

I used the second method on for the bypass. When i put the cd into my Z2 the screen said that it had already been updated. But when I tried to use my nav functions without the parking break down i was denied. Any advice?

Hopefull Hyperite should be abel to answer this. He knows this unit inside out. The only thing I have read was to check and make sure the 2 wire bypass is correct. I have not done mine yet, I am scheduled for Nov. 2 install. If you find out please advise.

Good Luck

Yep, sounds like the 2-wire bypass was not done.

Is it okay to ground both of the wires together or should I use a separate ground for each wire. Also does my speed sensor wire have to be connected or is it okay to leave it unconnected on my Z2?

I am tring to make sure i get this right this time because i had a z1 a week ago. I tried the z1 bypass and it worked but i ended up having to by a new unit because a weird noise was coming through my unit. If anyone wants to buy it I will sell it for a little of nothing. Everything works well just getting a weird noise when connected through the amp.

I have completed a new installation and the 2-wire bypass. Almost everything is working.

I can play DVD and operate the Nav while moving. However, there are bluetooth functions locked out when I am moving.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Greg

I spoke too fast...

I got back in the car with a DVD and a pad of paper prepared to take detailed notes. It seems that the entire 2-wire hack is no longer working. I just first noticed it on my bluetooth.

I am pretty sure the bypass was working right after I did the 2-wire hack. I will go back and make sure that the 2-wires are all still attached and grounded correctly. I am grounding the "extra wire" wire and the brake wire per the sticky and the link in the sticky

Also, I get a hand brake warning at boot.

Greg

(corrected my mis-statement about grounding the speed wire)

Don't ground the speed wire. Ground the parking brake and the extra wire you stuck in the "bypass" hole

I spoke too fast...

I got back in the car with a DVD and a pad of paper prepared to take detailed notes. It seems that the entire 2-wire hack is no longer working. I just first noticed it on my bluetooth.

I am pretty sure the bypass was working right after I did the 2-wire hack. I will go back and make sure that the 2-wires are all still attached and grounded correctly. I am grounding the speed wire and the brake wire per the sticky and the link in the sticky

Also, I get a hand brake warning at boot.

Greg

Don't ground the speed wire. Ground the parking brake and the extra wire you stuck in the "bypass" hole

Sorry, I mis-wrote. Yes the extra wire and the brake wire.

[THIS ADDED LATER]

As suspected, when I was reinstalling the dash, I pulled out the "extra" wire and the system was not bypassed at all. I had re-used the "Mute" wire and it has a little connector that I used to extend the wire. It simple pulled out. It is now soldered.

I jumped the gun with my question and apologize for cluttering up this thread.

Greg

Hey Hyp! Newbie here. Name's Jason. Thanks for your efforts here on the bypass and to those who helped. The link to the 2 wire bypass, is it the same for the Z2? cause it says Z1 in the instructions. My brake was already grounded by the installers so now which wire do I terminate to ground on the Z2 harness? I downloaded the bypass ISO and will install tomorrow. Your help will be greatly appreciated and a donation will be sent your way.