AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

Downloaded the file. Hit map. Hit ok to update, and then it says "update file has already been updated". When I drive it locks up. Just had it installed a day ago, and the installer said he did the 2 wire by pass already. When I start it up sometimes it says the e-brake is improperly connected.

Is the 2 wire update done wrong? Did they chnge anything? Am I just not doing it right?

Thanks in advance!!!

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Downloaded the file. Hit map. Hit ok to update, and then it says "update file has already been updated". When I drive it locks up. Just had it installed a day ago, and the installer said he did the 2 wire by pass already. When I start it up sometimes it says the e-brake is improperly connected.

Is the 2 wire update done wrong? Did they chnge anything? Am I just not doing it right?

Thanks in advance!!!

2-wire bypass done wrong. thanks for reading the thread...or even the last page.

my deck was labelled oct2007, so one of the newest ones. i went to pioneer to get the info to check what i had. so according to my decks info, i got the 2.14 update, which makes sense why the deck wouldnt let me update the firmware.

im waiting for tuesday so my car audio installer can tryt he 2 wire bypass.

The bypass works and I get no ebrake messages, but the nav gets lost quite often. I had the installer unplug and replug the gps antenna because signal strength was not very good. Now I usually have 2 green bars and plenty of orange satellites. When it gets lost I check signal strength and I lost all green bars and most satellites. Any ideas? Also he swears the VSS wire is wired correctly, but when looking at speed pulse in the connection status menu it never comes off 0 while driving. In 3D calibration speed pulse is always 45. From what I read that does not seem correct. I did not reset the unit after I installed the freezing firmware. Should I start with a soft reset or did he do something wrong? Thanks.

Then you did the bypass wrong. Re-read the instructions and give it another shot

I did the by-pass to mine. The navigation's functions are available when the vehicle is in motion but the DVD's picture won't play. I also get the parking brake message at start-up. I'm going to try the one click of the parking brake thing to see if that does anything.
At first on the dash. Now it is just above the front windshield. So yes clear view of the sky. If the VSS is not connected correctly would that cause the nav to get lost often?

Hmm, VSS shouldn't cause it to get lost, but if the antenna isn't getting strong signals from the satellite, that would do it. Fix both and you shouldn't have a problem.

thanx for all the info. the hack works on the latest firmware(2.14). the picture to the 2 wire bypass is just a little miss leading cuz the whole time we were looking for the big white connector, when in fact the connector itself is no bigger than 1/2 an inch wide.. other than that, everything works.

I have just had the Z2 installed with the by-pass and it works great. I checked the Z2 version and it is 2.00 and I understand there is a 2.14 version out. My question is do I really need this up date? if I do will I loose the by-pass? If not how do I go about getting the update and installing it? What exactly does the update do?

Thanks

There was a firmware update put out if you are having problems with the deck freezing. It does not change your bypass. Its on Pioneer's site if you want it

I have just had the Z2 installed with the by-pass and it works great. I checked the Z2 version and it is 2.00 and I understand there is a 2.14 version out. My question is do I really need this up date? if I do will I loose the by-pass? If not how do I go about getting the update and installing it? What exactly does the update do?

Thanks

First let me apologize, I know this thread has been done to death. I've read it all the way through, but I still have a question. My Z2 should be here this week, and I'll be installing it.

So in order to bypass it, do I need to:

A. Just do the two wire?

B. Do the two wire and run the ISO provided in this thread?

C. Get the latest firmware from Pioneer, get the freezing fix, and do the two wire?

I'm just confused, because from what people have been saying, it seems that with the freezing fix, you don't need the ISO. Also, does it matter when my Z2 was manufactured?

Again, my apologies, I'm sure I just missed the answers I need in the thread, but I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Thanks, would appreciate any help. :D