AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, you're fine.

but it didnt update I don't think. Just pressed 'OK' and no update....

Then you didn't need it. The bypass is working, right?

no, because the software was older than what is already installed. It didnt install the bypass files. I went back and doublechecked everything. Only with the parking brake engaged will it respond to any user input or video playback in the front cab....Any ideas? Thanks in advance..

A quick suggestion for this thread. Having read all 43 pages it became quite clear how to do this bypass, but most people are probably not going to read all 43 pages, and reading the first page probably isn't going to cut it if they really don't know what they are doing.

Why not edit the OP point out the following points that seem to be asked about multiple times per page:

- All systems will need the 2-wire bypass regardless of the software version on the Z2

- Your system MAY require a software update to bypass, which can be either the .ISO download here or the latest Pioneer firmware update from ~Sept 2007. Newer systems probably won't need any software changes.

- Symptoms of a bad 2-wire grounding job (I.E. works for 10 miles and then shuts off, buttons still grayed out, improper parking brake wire warning message even after reset, etc)

I am having trouble with the 2 wire bypass. The parking brake is grounded fine, but I can't locate wire #2. My harness does not have any empty connectors. All the connectors have wires running in them. Am I looking at the wrong one?

My Z2 was manufactured in September 07 and is being installed on a 04 Subaru WRX.

I am having trouble with the 2 wire bypass. The parking brake is grounded fine, but I can't locate wire #2. My harness does not have any empty connectors. All the connectors have wires running in them. Am I looking at the wrong one?

My Z2 was manufactured in September 07 and is being installed on a 04 Subaru WRX.

I have read this entire thread.

I to have the same thing..... (I recall looking at the harness after reading this thread a few days ago)..... All pins have a wire in them. Not sure of Mfg date (at work) but I just received the unit as a xmas gift.

Quote from the walkthru "The 4 right most locations in that connector DO NOT have wires in them. You need to add a wire to this position and ground it as well."

Do I simply splice into that wire and ground it; or cut it then ground it?

Another question I have and this may be relevant to SSSP's post, is, I am installing this unit in a Mitsu EVO MR. Some of you may be aware that these cars are very ridged and the ride comfort is very low. With that said (and I have read) that sometimes the unit will reboot do to shock. Does anyone have a successful install on a similar vehicle? And if so, are there any issues?

Thanks for any advise...

Cheers

Disregard my first question. I went home for lunch and looked again and found the harness that has the four open slots. My second question still stands.

I saw a post on an e46(BMW M3) forum where someone installed it i their M3....I don't have an AVIC in mine, but they do ride pretty rough....

My truck rides pretty rough as it's got a sportir suspension, and a ton of miles on it(Silverado SS)...the Avic tells me that it's too rough half the times, but it's never rebooted or caused any issue so far...