AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

Ok, I think I got it. This is the process at which I burned the files.

1. downloaded and installed the trial version of MagicISO.

2. Started the program and found the download for the bypass file.

3. Drag and dropped the file in the top box on the MagicISO program.

4. Clicked on the burn icon in the top right region of the software.

5. Screen comes up and has the destination being my burner hardware.

6. I checked the finalize box as I read in a previous post.

7. Click on the burn button, and let the magic happen.

8. I then opened up the file on the cd to make sure everything is there. (pretty sure I got it all).

9. This files size on the cd now is 196 MB.

*Does all of this sound good? I really cant test it yet cause I had to send the unit off to pioneer to be fixed. I unfortunately bought a refurb on ebay and ended up being messed up. Some sort of internal amplifier switch is what they said.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the bypass done by an installer yesterday. I had previously done the update disk, with no problems. System is bypassed as of now, and have put about 15-20 miles. How often does the system recal? In other words how many miles do I have to drive before I know if he did the bypass correctly? Is it a set distance or governed by some other criteria?

Ebrake is grounded, software is right, only question is weather he did the 2nd wire correctly or not.......

Also, thanks to the guys who figured this out!

Well maybe someone can help me with this one. I have reviewed all 46 pages and nothing like this. I had my AVIC-Z2 (just bought) installed by a GM approved installer, who has done the Bypass before and I am very certian that the two wire bypass is done correctly. The unit is installed in a 2008 Chev Avalanche with Onstar. The stereo functions work fine, however a DVD will not display on the unit, and most of the GPS options are locked out. It would appear as if the unit believes that the truck is moving at all times, even when it isn't. I can not do address searches and navigate. However the little arrow will travel along the road just fine on the map display. Any ideas?

charliek- usually you'll know the first time you top 10mph, so if you've gone 15 miles w/o problem, i'd say you're good.

derek5351- either the 2-wire bypass was not done correctly, or the software is not updated. Check the hardware screens to make sure the parking brake is always "set", try resetting the unit, if you're getting a parking brake warning message, the 2nd wire was not properly grounded. If it simply doesn't work, it could be with the wiring or the software. You can try updating it, it'll give you an "already up to date" message if that's not the issue.

I tried to update the program and it did say that it was already updated. I have not been getting any handbrake warnings, however when I turn the map on it does give me the warning, which I hit okay and then it shows the maps. I will check the handbrake to ensure it is "set" on my lunch break today. I will take it back to the installer tomorrow so he can double check the bypass. Has anyone else had the problem where they are locked out of everything and unable to view DVD's when the vehicle is not even moving?

Thanks for the advice. I had it at the installer today and he said he moved the gound, and when I left there it was working fine, all GPS functions and DVD while moving. Thennnnnn 10 KM`s later I found that I was getting warnings, handbrake warning (not connected properly) and now when I move the unit is not unlocked (no searching for addresses or playing DVD) but it is unlocked when I am stopped. Time to go back over the 46 pages though as I think I saw a number of others with the same issue. Fun Fun Fun!

All is now good. I just needed to hit the reset button. 50 miles today and its still bypassed and working prefectly. So I confirm as well that all is needed is the two wire bypass and a reset on the newer units. Thanks for all the great information.

hey, that was my first suggestion 8)

You did the bypass wrong. Re-read the instructions and double check your wiring

hi i bypassed my z2 and it only works for about 10 miles then it locks out again then i have to reset it is there any way around this??????????? or do i have to keep resetting it , thats sucks because i loose all my sound presets . Please help me out thanks