AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

Uhh...this isn't really related to the bypass, is it...

Is your VSS wire connected properly? If so, try resetting all the gyro functions and letting it learn again.

Sorry about that....Yea,the wires properly connected using a crimp nut and fully crimped...I'll try resetting the gyros...It's already in 3D Hybrid mode..

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I hit a snag. Whenever I insert the disc then hit map it says something to the effect that the update disc inserted is an older version. Please try with new version.

But after I took the disc out and drove around it seemed as though the bypass would work fine....for a few hours...then it would go right back to having that disclaimer pop up, and would prevent me from watching while in motion. I then have to RE-install the bypass software and it starts working again, but then the same thing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Ok I hit a snag. Whenever I insert the disc then hit map it says something to the effect that the update disc inserted is an older version. Please try with new version.

But after I took the disc out and drove around it seemed as though the bypass would work fine....for a few hours...then it would go right back to having that disclaimer pop up, and would prevent me from watching while in motion. I then have to RE-install the bypass software and it starts working again, but then the same thing happens. What am I doing wrong?

After installing the software,did you reset your unit?If no,try that....If that doesn't work,try checking your 2-wire bypass to see if it's properly grounded...

I am having a shop install my Z2 in my 08 Honda Element next week & from reading the previous posts it looks like I just need to ground the 2 wires per the photos. Then install the file I downloaded to a cd then press the reset button.

The shop is telling me they have tried this before & the Z2 has functions not available after this was done,more so then before the bypass.

I have 2 other vehicles with Z1's & the bypass worked fine, the old type bypass.

Thanks,

Brian