AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Just registered. I bought the Z2 a few days ago. I was wondering if someone can confirm that Hyperite's "Method 2" from original post will still work? If so, looks like all I have to do is download the ISO file, correct?

Thanks,

Paul

yes...and you might not even need it. install and do the 2-wire bypass and see if it works. if not, grab the iso.

Hey Hyper,

First off, thanks for creating this thread and for your hard work. Best Buy actually installed this for me. So I'd rather not take the dash apart as I am not well-schooled in installation. So the ISO appears to be the way to go for me, right?

Also...I have Sonic CD burner on my PC but I believe that is Windows-based. So I guess I should download another burner program?

Thanks again!

Hey Hyper,

First off, thanks for creating this thread and for your hard work. Best Buy actually installed this for me. So I'd rather not take the dash apart as I am not well-schooled in installation. So the ISO appears to be the way to go for me, right?

Also...I have Sonic CD burner on my PC but I believe that is Windows-based. So I guess I should download another burner program?

Thanks again!

Well, if you didn't specifically have them do the 2-wire bypass, the ISO won't help you.

Hey Hyper,

Thanks again!

Well, if you didn't specifically have them do the 2-wire bypass, the ISO won't help you.

OK. So if i go back to Best Buy...will they know exactly what a 2-wire bypass is? Will I have to show them those specific directions? The DVD was what really made me want this unit.

Thanks again.

OK. So if i go back to Best Buy...will they know exactly what a 2-wire bypass is? Will I have to show them those specific directions? The DVD was what really made me want this unit.

Thanks again.

No, they won't know what it is, and even if you tell them...they SHOULD refuse to do it, since it violates corporate policy. You gotta do this one yourself.

You're not screwed, you're just overwhelmed. Take some time and read through the threads here. Also try to find a forum for your car specific, or get install documents from Crutchfield.

Late model cars are getting easier and easier to modify...just take your time 8)

I've got an F-150 with a Z1, XM tuner, back up cam, 2 10's, 3 amps and components in all 4 doors...this was my first car install and I did it with the help of the folks here and on the F150 owners forum.

Remember Happy Gilmore---> "You can do eeit" :)

Thanks Big. I will give it a try and a manual from Crutchfield is on its way!

I downloaded the update but because I just bought the Z2 I know Hyperite said I may not need it. It wouldn't affect the unit if I tried to download it anyway, will it?

I'd rather make sure the update is straightened away before doing the 2-wire bypass.

Thanks!

I haven't installed my Z2 upgraded to Z3 so it's just hooked up to a battery in my house... however, simply grounding the park brake wire seems to work as the bypass.

Since it seems to work, does the Z3 need a 2-wire bypass? Is the only reason it works is because I don't have the VSS hooked up? Or could it be the Z3 only needs a 1-wire bypass?

Unfortunately, I didn't really play around with it much with the old Z2 software so don't know if it's acting differently with the Z3 software or not.

I haven't installed my Z2 upgraded to Z3 so it's just hooked up to a battery in my house... however, simply grounding the park brake wire seems to work as the bypass.

Since it seems to work, does the Z3 need a 2-wire bypass? Is the only reason it works is because I don't have the VSS hooked up? Or could it be the Z3 only needs a 1-wire bypass?

Unfortunately, I didn't really play around with it much with the old Z2 software so don't know if it's acting differently with the Z3 software or not.

Uhh... that's the proper function... it's SUPPOSED to play movies when the parking brake is set and you're standing still. Nice job, you're using it as instructed! :)

Uhh... that's the proper function... it's SUPPOSED to play movies when the parking brake is set and you're standing still. Nice job, you're using it as instructed! :)

No, I mean it never tells me my parking brake is hooked up incorrectly or complains about anything. It doesn't complain even if I kill 12V constant power to the whole thing. From my understanding, the 2nd wire needs to be hooked up because hooking up just the P-brake wire alone will cause it to complain about the P-brake wire being hooked up incorrectly if it's powered up with ONLY the P-brake wire grounded. However, mine w/Z3 image doesn't do that.

No, I mean it never tells me my parking brake is hooked up incorrectly or complains about anything. It doesn't complain even if I kill 12V constant power to the whole thing. From my understanding, the 2nd wire needs to be hooked up because hooking up just the P-brake wire alone will cause it to complain about the P-brake wire being hooked up incorrectly if it's powered up with ONLY the P-brake wire grounded. However, mine w/Z3 image doesn't do that.

Yes, I understood what you said.... why would it tell you your brake is hooked up incorrectly if it's hooked up correctly?